I want to level the front even with the rear. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I want to level the front even with the rear.

I took measurements of the front and rear fender wells to the ground. The front is an inch lower. I'm not looking to put a 2.5" kit where I will need a trac bar, new shocks or spacers and rear blocks. I kind of rather the back sit a little lower. Can I put a 1.5" spacer w/o having any issues to worry about? Reason I don't want the 2.5" is b/c I can't see myself spending $1200 when eventually I plan on lifting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2010, 03:54 AM

these spacer kits work well for what they are.
FORD F250 F350 LEVELING LIFT KIT 2.5" 2005-2011: eBay Motors (item 250690803948 end time Oct-31-10 06:26:33 PDT)
If you're planning on putting a full lift on it down the road i'm sure this guy could fab you up a smaller spacer kit to achieve hte 1.5" leveling you're after. you use all your exisitng OEM shocks and stuff, so tehre isnn't anything really extra to buy other than an alignment after it's instlalled. I had one of these on my '06 and it was well made with all billet aluminum spacers and directions to put it on are pretty straight forward. I know some guys don't like the look of seeing the little aluminum spacer on the top of the shock mount but for a hundred bucks it might work for you. (I don't know if it's really worth the trouble thoguh IMO.) Might wanna jsut wait till you decide to put the actual lift on and save your time but that's your call. good luck.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 AM

Topgun has a 1.5" spacer for $50. I can install it myself. It may be a year before I lift it so in the mean time I'd like to have it level.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:07 AM

I dind't realize Topgun had a 1.5" kit, seems like a good option. what's the hesitancy then?
Old 10-29-2010, 04:13 AM

Just want to make sure my own shocks and trac bar will work. Lol. It'll be ordered this afternoon.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:22 AM

oh that makes sense if the kit doesn't come with spacers for the shocks! sorry to clog up your thread!! maybe someone esle with that exact kit can tell you for certain!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:04 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think the shocks will work in the front as long as you dont go offroading extending them out and your front end will shift a little to the left without a track bar but allot of guys run like that with no issues probably about 1/2" or less. However the thing to worry about is the caster adding 1.5" without any caster adjustment will more than likely give you a death wobble when you hit a bump so if you go this route take it to a good local front end shop and they should be able to pop new cams in to correct it.
Chris
Old 10-29-2010, 05:37 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Either lift the front correctly which will require castor shims and a adj track bar..not junk ebay spacers or as you wanted to do use a lower block..won't be a problem.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Either lift the front correctly which will require castor shims and a adj track bar..not junk ebay spacers or as you wanted to do use a lower block..won't be a problem.
I know I spoke to you a while back about it, but wanted to see if anyone else used the 1" or 1.5" spacer and had some pictures. Would you recommand the 1" over the 1.5" or will they be about the same with pushing the axle more to one side? I was going to order tonight, but now I'm leaning towards the 1" just to be safe.

I'm not buying any cheap eBay kits. If I were to do the 2.5" level it would be by doing it the correct way with longer shocks, adj. trac bar and castor shims. Since I have intentions on lifting I don't see the need to spend close to $1000 on a leveling kit.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Served Our Country!

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HighOn20s Send a message via Yahoo to HighOn20s
Nice screen name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.