Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lift Question

4K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  08spartan250 
#1 ·
I want to put a 8in lift on my 08' F250. And i was wanting to get some opinions on the best lift and most ride comfort/smoothest ride? thanks for all suggestions

#4 ·
I'd have to suggest PMF also, website is precisionmetalfab.net but I don't believe he's got the info on lifts on it yet. Trevor is the owner, his name on here is notstock.

Ride quality on my 7" is better than stock, but it's still a truck. Mine uses icon coils and shocks, which is where the ride quality comes from mainly. It also uses the 4link system to replace stock radius arms which as I understand it, provides better articulation(for all those mall speedbumps I hit haha).

Best thing by far from PMF is Trevors customer service. I could go on for hours about how good that alone is. Shoot him a PM, you won't regret it.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Pure Performance 8" 4 link Coilover kit is what im puting on this weekeind ill let you know in a few days how it goes :)

#8 ·
Here's a couple shots of mine as you asked for in your PM you sent me....
You asked about clearance for 37s on an 8'', and you'd have more than enough. I've got plenty, and may even have the room for 38s. On Icon's website, their 7'' kit says it'll clear 38s if I remember correctly.

#11 ·
I am puting my 8" pre runner kit on this weekend with 40"x13.50" tires on it starting tomorrow afternoon and will try and be done by 10am saturday I need to get it in the shop by then :dunno:

#10 ·
benbou00 is selling his Rize 8". I was considering buying, but have to much going on right now. I rode in it a couple of weeks ago. It has a pretty smooth ride, but like stated above it is a truck. It has more of a bounce to it than a a short jerk when hitting bumps.

#15 ·
All the info is sounding good. Still havent desided on the lift but I am wanting to run 8in lift and 37's with 22's. That way I have plenty of clearence and get the look im wanting. anybody have this set up? pics? Thanks

#17 ·
I agree with that, I definitely wish I woulda went with 38s even on my 7" after really looking at it today. I would also say to watch wheel width cause although we know 10" wide wheel with 38s will fit, a lot of 22s are 12" wide which could cause an issue if the backspacing or offset doesn't put the inner side of the wheel at the right place... Or find someone with 8" on that width wheel.

#18 ·
if i ran 38's would it scrub at all, and would I have a good turning radius? I may just get 6in lift with 37's and 22's

#22 ·
Im puting it all on today and tomorrow 8"pre runner lift kit by pure performance and 40" tires.

#26 ·
Yeah! i currently have a 6" on it, after i add 2.5" to the front and 2" in the back ill be at about 8".

I will get some pics soon of the new lift. Tomorrow if everything goes to planned.

I had 22's on it, but after i switched to my 24's they look way better i think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.