Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Why didn't my truck come with FX4 grill?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RockinJW 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm confused with the different packages Ford offers. I have an FX4, but don't have the FX4 grill. I understand that there's and XLT, FX4 and Chrome Package grill. Since I have an FX4 shouldn't I have a painted grill or did they do something different in on the 250 than the 150?

#4 ·
Yes, I bought it new. I'll have to look at the sticker when I get back in to town.

Now I understand. Yes, the side says Lariat. Sorry about that. I was used to the F-150's packages. You either had an xlt, lariat or fx4. They don't have a such thing as a Lariat with the Fx4 package. So from what I can gather I have the FX4 package which only includes skid plates and Rancho Shocks?

#5 ·
That is correct you have the lariat with the fx4 offroad option which i believe was around $225 skids and shocks are all i know that were included in the package.
They do have a fx4 models though the Cabela's truck is a fx4 and some plain fx4's they are just not super common as the lariats and xlt's!
Chris

#6 ·
There's been a thread where this was discussed lately, but I think that the FX4 package if you're going by xl,xlt,fx4 and lariat was only a package like that for 08 and 09. These both had the FX4 grille and the painted bumpers, 08s had grey flares and 09s did not. In 2010, they went back to making the FX4 an option as opposed to a package, if that makes sense....

08:

09:

10:

#8 ·
If im not mistaken i do beleive it is a KC bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.