Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wheel offset ?

906 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Stroke4Fun 
#1 ·
So i am looking for some wheels but i need to know what will clear and not rub the radius arms i am trying to keep the tucked as much as possible. The wheels come in a 22x9.5 +8 offset and +19 offset thats like 5.5 or 6" backspacing the tires will probably be 325/50's. I think the +19 may have them in to far with almost the stock offset of 6"s any help with this would be great!
Chris

#4 ·
Correct stock is like +44 i think but that is a 8" wheel . +19 is a 6" offset on a 9.5" wheel basically what stock is however the tires are wider and may hit the radius arms. I dont know how much clearance i have right now to the arms with the stock 20"s.
Chris

#5 ·
No, you are confusing offset and backspace. Offset does not change with width. Offset is the hub surface to wheel centerline measurement. Backspace will change where the wheel sits with different widths, but offset is independent of width.

#7 ·
Wheel offset is the measurement from the mounting surface to the wheel centerline. It doesn't matter what width the wheel is, the offset is only the position of the center of the wheel. In the same manner, it is the relation of the center of the tire. Sure a wider wheel of the same offset will move the inner surface of the wheel closer to the frame, but the center of the tire and edge of the tread will not move with wheel width, they will move only with offset. The sidewall will bulge out more on a wider wheel, but the tread edge will be in the same place. If you run a wider tire, you need to change the offset by about half the tire width difference to keep the same clearance to the radius arm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.