warranty opinions.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
warranty opinions....

I have never purchased a new vehicle so I want to get some opinions from others that have. I have came across a few things with the truck since I purchased it almost two weeks ago. I will list the things that I am debating taking it back to Ford for and please tell me what your opinions are. I dont mean to be sounding picky but I dont want to know that I could have had it fixed and did not.

#1 - Two of the bolts that hold the bumper/hook on is badly rusted. Its the bolts that you can see when looking at the front of the truck between the fog light and the tow hook.

#2 - The factory fender trim is coming loose on three of the fender flairs. Its the double sided sticky tape that is coming loose. Its coming loose on the rear side of all three.

#3 - A scuff on the front fender trim.

#4 - A dent about 1/4" above the FX4 sticker. I did not realize it had a dent until the sun hit it just right. I did notice it had a black mark on the paint the day I picked it up but I thought it was just something on the paint and it would wash off.

#5 - The drivers side door panel is making a noise that is about to drive me insane. I cant stand having little noises while driving.. I turn the radio up but its still in my head so I can still hear it. It does it more when its cold outside I go around left hand curves.

I did not notice any of the exterior problems until I washed it over the weekend. It was raining the day I purchased it so a lot of these things were missed because it was cloudy and the truck was not totally clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 05:34 AM

The fender trim will be fixed, and door panel thing will be fixed under the 3/36 warranty. they might even do the rusted bolt. as for the dent and scuff that something you would had to see at delivery and got them to say in writing they were going to fix that other wise they can say you had it for a week and did that your self. I've learned to look at the trucks i've bought new head to toe and pull them out into the sun light be for i take off just because of what you are seeing now. didn't see it was raining when you picked it up still on my first cup of coffee.

Last edited by wired1; 10-11-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
The fender trim will be fixed, and door panel thing will be fixed under the 3/36 warranty. they might even do the rusted bolt. as for the dent and scuff that something you would had to see at delivery and got them to say in writing they were going to fix that other wise they can say you had it for a week and did that your self. I've learned to look at the trucks i've bought new head to toe and pull them out into the sun light be for i take off just because of what you are seeing now. didn't see it was raining when you picked it up still on my first cup of coffee.
Thanks for the input.. I have an appt. today to see what they will do. This truck was also a dealer transfer so maybe that will help me out also.. Guess I will see.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:33 AM

another thing... is it typical for these trucks to have alot of surface rust underneath? The driveshaft, shocks and spindles look aweful..
Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 AM

I don't think you are being too picky. When you buy something new you have every right to expect it to be perfect.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:00 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i would be picky too. i would just replace the bolts yourself. you can probably pick them up for a couple of bucks. the fender trim should get fixed by them. the scuff you're probably out of luck on. those things are generally seen to be as "accepted" when you buy it. but i would have them fix the dent. when i bought mine, it had a dent in it that they said they would fix, but unfortunately when i got the chance to send them a quote, the guy that told me they would fix it had been fired so i couldnt follow through with it. and i would also have them fix the door panel.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:05 PM

well. I was turned down on the rusted bolt and rusted shocks. They said it had an unusual amount of rust underneath but it was only surface rust. They are going to fix the flairs and the door panel. I have to take it Thursday to find out about the dent and talk to the sales manager about the rust. My sales guy seems to think I still have a chance. Just wanted to give an update.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:10 PM

well atleast you are getting some stuff taken care of.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08spartan250 View Post
well atleast you are getting some stuff taken care of.
I am more than happy with the truck!! I dont mind doing some sanding and painting to get it looking better underneath but I would have kicked myself for not trying to get Ford to do it. I dont think its right to leave all that unfinished metal but what can you do...
Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM

very true. well post some pics up when you get it all taken care of!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.