Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Off brand 2.5 leveling kit

3K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  Stroke4Fun 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Its states right in the details made is the USA with american steel why is it china made junk? Check out topgun customz they have the same type spacer for about the same price i know they are very nice quality i have some 1" for them and yes made in the USA by them!
Chris

#5 ·
sorry.... they are usa made junk.

I've personally had the ICON leveling kit on my 2005 F-350 and loved it. I dont believe in coil spacers nor do I believe in going over a 2-3" block on my rear axle.... I'd rather save the extra money up and do it the right way, IMHO.

#4 ·
yeah i would go with topgun customz i have had a couple of leveling kits from them and was very impressed of the quality

#6 ·
That truck they show pictures of is actually a member's on another forum. He swears that its great. If I'm remembering correctly he had that kit on an '08, and took it off and put it on his '10. He ran no trac bar drop or adj trac bar and said his axle did shift, but it wasn't enough for him to care. He actually had 37'' tires and that was a 350. I'm sure that kit would be fine, it looks almost identical to the ReadyLift coil spacer I just took out.

#7 ·
Just because your preference is icon dont mean everything else made is trash icon sells tei spacer which are about the same thing just go on the bottom side! I have a icon leveling kit with topgun spacers and its done right with 5.5" traction blocks done right IMHO! all USA made i hope you dont have a f350 becuase they have almost 4" rear blocks from the factory!
Chris

#12 ·
well, you have your opinions and I have mine......

The leveling kit I had was made in the usa so i really dont see your point to point out "made in the usa"..... you must be a :tard:.

#8 ·
Mine is a F250.

So I will have to get a F350 rear block? mine is 4" now correct? and a F350 is a 6" block?

#10 ·
I guess this is what the rear will look like...I raised it 2 inches with the car trailer. I wanted an idea of what it will look like.

lifted up

Regular

#13 ·
No you just cant read before spouting out thats my opinion! so try not to clutter guys posts with BS some guys cant afford the best like you dont shoot down what can afford because you dont care for it! my point of the USA made was your yelling chinese junk back to the reading thing! OP Sorry for the off topic content!
Chris

#14 ·
Hey its no problem,

What is the difference between icon and the cheaper brands? If it was a little bit of price difference and not hundreds of dollars I wouldnt ask. but icon is what? 1400 bucks with the trac bar? and these cheaper brands are 80 bucks....thats a HUGE difference. what is so much better about icon....

#15 ·
Icon is all spring with caster cams and shocks supposed to ride better than stock i have a icon with bilstein 5100's i think it's about the same ride maybe a bit stiffer. Trevor at PMF has icon 2.5" front springs with cams for like $300 still should have the adjustable track bar and longer shocks and that counts for the spacers also! You can use shock extentions to get by and it looks like you could get away with just the front rear looks high measure it to be sure!
Chris

#16 ·
So I can get an icon 2.5" front spring with cams, the adustable track bar and longer shocks and spacers for 300?? this is all confusing to me. I still dont understand why the icon kit cost so much.

#17 ·
One more thing. is it going to ride alot worse then stock if I go the cheap route?

#18 ·
No that in not what i said for the $300 icon spring and cams alone you would still need the shocks and track bar for either way you lift the front being it spacers or the icon route. ride will be exactly the same as now with the spacers and probably close to the same with the icon springs. When you lift the front the axle will shift to the drivers side about 3/4" give or take that is where the track bar comes in to fix that some guys dont do the bar right away and ride like that i dont think it hurts anything just dont look great IMO.
If you buy the spacers you still need the caster cams, track bar ,and longer front shocks that is doing nothing to the rear you can also get a track bar drop bracket instead of the bar which is about $100 and the caster cams can be found though a local front end shop or online stores. No matter which route you go it's not cheap to do it right. Topgun does give the forum members a little discount so that helps and they have a leveling kit with the spacers and 4 bilsteins shocks for $369 and a track bar bracket for $95 just need the cams. The icon would cost $300 for springs and cams track bar $300or track bar bracket $95 and f&r bilstein shocks for about $264. your are looking at between $550 and $900 depending which way you go but this is do the right way there are cheaper kits that use track bar spacers but most guys frown on them but there are some that have the kits with 0 issues choice is yours just trying to lay the options out for you hope it was some help!
Chris :icon_ford:

#19 ·
Yes, that did help alot! Thanks alot. I think Ill probably save up some money and do the spacers, caster cams, trac bar and the longer shocks. would that get me to where I want to be?

#21 ·
not yet. I will tomorrow. what SHOULD the difference be?

#23 ·
If youre just wantin to level and not really lift, ive been seein 1" and 1.5" front spacers.. That should level a 250 just right and cause minimal axle shift (maybe 1/4")

#24 ·
So a 2.5" kit is really more then just leveling it? I do want it noticably taller

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.