Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lights and Windows Are Tinted!!!

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  blackbullitt 
#1 ·
I was able to smoke out my tails and 3rd brake light this morning. I took some better pic's with my camera instead of the fuzzy cell phone ones I had posted before.

Stock; Before

After

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks great. Take the terrebonne ford decal off.

#4 ·
extremely sharp!!!

#5 ·
I haven't tried them out yet. Hopefully it gives enough light for my back up camera.

I will have that sticker off tomorrow. I forgot to do it today.

#9 ·
Man smoke those orange turn signals and that ride will be sliiiiiick :thumb:

#12 ·
Give me time, the trucks only 2 weeks old. LOL

I'm working on having them done. I don't have the patience to pull them apart so I'm trying to find someone local to do them for me. I'm unsure if I want to smoke only the reflector or the chrome also.

#10 ·
Looks much better in my opinion.
I would definitely invest in a tailgate bar to make sure you light up the rear.

#11 ·
Recon line of fire bar will not work on an F250 with the backup cam. Yes it will plug up and yes it will flash when you step on the brakes but there is a wire loom that runs out the *** end of the truck INTO the tailgate and that of course is the plug for the camera. this will get in the way of the mounting and sticky tape on the LoF kit. There is also a little metal braket on the right side of the tailgate that kind of fills in a slot on the bed. why its there..beats me..but FMCO put it there.. This too will not allow the Recon Line of Fire set to work. you would have to rerun the camera loom cable into a different location in order to get it to fit.

I am speaking of my 2010 F250...it may not be the same tailgate set up for earlier rides...
BTW - I have an unused RECON LoF light if anyone is interested.. hahaha. I bought it and found out after the fact. PM for details.

#15 ·
looks great! how dark is the tint? looks like 5?

#17 ·
I tried the back up camera tonight and i'm able to see pretty decent with it. Between the reverse lights and applying the brakes I can see good enough.

I have 5% on the two front side windows and 15% over factory tint on the rear sides and rear which is equivelent to 5%.

I understand where you guys are coming from about not being able to see the lights and having someone run into the back of you. I did my previous truck and they where kind of hard to see. I may sand them to lighten them up if I find these are to dark.

Here's a pic during the day with the lights on. I need to get someone to apply the brake so I can see how bright they are or aren't.

#18 ·
looks killer man:thumb: i would personaly take the steps off, but thats just me. i never liked how the ford steps hang down a mile.. other than that its a killer lookin truckkeep up the good work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.