Readylift vs icon - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Readylift vs icon

Ok let me start out by saying thanks for all the help and answers i have gotten thru PMs and in other post already regarding this.

I have searched this forum till my eyes are bleeding and still dont really know what to do.
I want to run a leveling kit with 37" on my factory 20" wheels and i understand that they will rub the radius arm and im ok with that part.
Is the icon kit that much better kit than the ready lift sst 2.5?
The readylift comes with a track bar bracket and shouldnt that recenter my front axle?
I see where it does not come with cams but isnt that some thing that the alignment shop can add if need?
The local dealer has an 08 crew cab like mine with the readylift and 37's so i took it for a ride and it road great maybe even better than mine does now it did have the stock rancho shocks and mine does not. It also had 40000 miles on it and the tires had a date code from early 08 and they were worn down pretty good but very even with no alignment cams so are the cams really needed?

I don't want to spend the extra money but at the same time don,t wanna do it twice because i bought crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
there's good good info on this thread
LETS SEE THE LEVELING KITS!!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB904 View Post
Ok let me start out by saying thanks for all the help and answers i have gotten thru PMs and in other post already regarding this.

I have searched this forum till my eyes are bleeding and still dont really know what to do.
I want to run a leveling kit with 37" on my factory 20" wheels and i understand that they will rub the radius arm and im ok with that part.
Is the icon kit that much better kit than the ready lift sst 2.5?
I had readylift 2.5sst on 35s, just switched to a 7'' PMF kit with Icon coils. Ride with the Icon coils is faaaaar better than the readylift could have ever thought about being.
The readylift comes with a track bar bracket and shouldnt that recenter my front axle? Yes, it will.
I see where it does not come with cams but isnt that some thing that the alignment shop can add if need? From what I understand the cams are so you don't have to go get it aligned. I just got my truck aligned with the Readylift and it was perfectly fine.
The local dealer has an 08 crew cab like mine with the readylift and 37's so i took it for a ride and it road great maybe even better than mine does now it did have the stock rancho shocks and mine does not. It also had 40000 miles on it and the tires had a date code from early 08 and they were worn down pretty good but very even with no alignment cams so are the cams really needed?

I don't want to spend the extra money but at the same time don,t wanna do it twice because i bought crap.
For what it's worth, I would have bought the Icon kit if I wasn't going higher with my truck. I had bilstein HD shocks(not 5100s) and it rode ok, but this new lift is much better. Granted some of that could be the 4link, but I'm sure the coils do help a good bit. I would say its worth the extra money to get the Icon stuff just for the ride quality. I think the Readylift makes it a touch stiffer but the Icon will make it much softer.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The one i drove with the readylift rode great. As of now i have no intentions on going larger than the leveling kit but you never know haha. thanks for the input. Any one else with a ready lift with some input.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:41 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Castor shims needed to replace the lost Castor. If Readylifts drop bracket is correctly made for the lift then it should be centered.

Alinement won't make any difference unless they replace the Cams..Alinements are not needed on a these lift kits if the kits complete. You can straiten the steering wheel in 5 min's using hand tools.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Castor shims needed to replace the lost Castor. If Readylifts drop bracket is correctly made for the lift then it should be centered.

Alinement won't make any difference unless they replace the Cams..Alinements are not needed on a these lift kits if the kits complete. You can straiten the steering wheel in 5 min's using hand tools.
So with the lost castor what exactly does this mean?
Old 08-27-2010, 01:38 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wobbles..reason a shopping cart at the grocery store wobbles is no castor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.