38's with a 8" lift? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 5,233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
38's with a 8" lift?

i have a 6" lift right now and i am upgrading to 8" blocks and a leveling kit to bump me up to 8". i'm looking at running the nittor mud grapplers 38/1550/20 tires with this set up. will these tires fit? i know you can run 38s w/ a 8" lift but will these be too wide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Peninsula-Bay Area
Posts: 1,428
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have 38 15.5 on 20s on my set up they are fine for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 5,233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED BUBBA View Post
i have 38 15.5 on 20s on my set up they are fine for me
awesome! thats what i needed to know. are these tires huge in person? i think my 355/60/20s are huge right now. lol. they dont keep the 38s in stock so i've yet to see them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaumont TX
Posts: 3,802
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They will fit...depending on the backspacing and width of the wheel they may rub a little, when turning......if they rub it will be on the back side of the fender liner closet to the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 742
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you will regret those tires. they are loud, dont' wear well (from what i've heard, no personal experience), and are ugly IMO

If you want nittos go with the trail grappler (M/T) or Terra Grappler (A/T)

other good m/t's are Kuhmos and Toyos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaumont TX
Posts: 3,802
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree^^^ The mud grapplers are a cool looking tire but wear like crap on the heavy trucks...ride like crap, and are loud as helllll....I would look into Trail Grapplers (have these on my wifes H2...very nice) Kumho KL71s (very good tire, I has 2 sets of them) or the Toyos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Peninsula-Bay Area
Posts: 1,428
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08spartan250 View Post
awesome! thats what i needed to know. are these tires huge in person? i think my 355/60/20s are huge right now. lol. they dont keep the 38s in stock so i've yet to see them..
they definitely are big tires, i have 35s on my jeep jk and those seem tiny now, i wouldnt know on the rubbing as i bought this truck used and the previous owner (jrod80) might have cut the inner fender, i dont really know. when i looked at it the other day it did look like he had cut the inner mud flap that is on it, as you can see on my truck they do stick out quite a ways, so you might need mudflaps...just be ready for that if you need them where you live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 237
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have 38x15.5 on 12" wheel 8" lift with a little rub, on turning full lock and a little suspension give they will rub the front bumper. I trimmed it a little, on road you will be fine, off road another story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 5,233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2ShootTheJ View Post
you will regret those tires. they are loud, dont' wear well (from what i've heard, no personal experience), and are ugly IMO

If you want nittos go with the trail grappler (M/T) or Terra Grappler (A/T)

other good m/t's are Kuhmos and Toyos
thanks! i appreciate that. i'll look at the trail grapplers, but the terra grapplers dont go that big. and i'll check out some of the other brands too. thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahrump View Post
I agree^^^ The mud grapplers are a cool looking tire but wear like crap on the heavy trucks...ride like crap, and are loud as helllll....I would look into Trail Grapplers (have these on my wifes H2...very nice) Kumho KL71s (very good tire, I has 2 sets of them) or the Toyos.
i've heard both, that they do wear ok and that they dont. but i didnt really think about them being on such a heavy truck. thanks man! i'll check into the kumhos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED BUBBA View Post
they definitely are big tires, i have 35s on my jeep jk and those seem tiny now, i wouldnt know on the rubbing as i bought this truck used and the previous owner (jrod80) might have cut the inner fender, i dont really know. when i looked at it the other day it did look like he had cut the inner mud flap that is on it, as you can see on my truck they do stick out quite a ways, so you might need mudflaps...just be ready for that if you need them where you live
ok thanks. i just really dont want them to rub..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 5,233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by palady6.4 View Post
I have 38x15.5 on 12" wheel 8" lift with a little rub, on turning full lock and a little suspension give they will rub the front bumper. I trimmed it a little, on road you will be fine, off road another story.
the only thing is that i have a steel bumper. that why i dont want it to rub, because it will tear the crap out of the tires..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors