Looking to buy my first Superduty... Need some help. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking to buy my first Superduty... Need some help.

I have been a member on her for awhile and let me tell you, this site has an endless supply of information. I was set on getting a 2008 F250 King Ranch until I noticed that the 2009 came with the sync. My question now is did Ford offer the Copper exterior for the 2009? I have read that they only offered it in 2008 but have seen a few copper 09's for sale. Also, did they have job trucks for 09 like they did for 08? If so... does anyone have a list or link so I can see what changed between jobs? I hope to find the truck I want over the next six months. I have been doing alot of reading so I know what to look for but most of it is for the 2008's. Anything special that I should look out for with the 09's? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM

They only made the copper for the 08's. I'm not sure of the technical name for the color. My truck is called royal red and is the closest thing to it. I loved that copper color. I wish they still had it. As far as job #, in an 08 beware of the job 1's. Some have had issues and some have not. Any other job # and you should be fine. My 10 is a job 1, so I assume that just means that mine was one of the first build 10's out.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How do you know the job#? Im looking at a truck on a dealership lot. its an '08.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:28 PM
bye bye 6.4L

door jam sticker mine is 11/07 if I remember right and it is an early job 2. also job ones had a smaller bunny scraper.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:52 PM

If you have the vin then take this link: http://www.inventory.fordvehicles.co...8W3DT3BEA73716

In the address bar, change that vin and put the new vin in there and hit enter. This should show you the window sticker and everything about the truck you are interested in.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the info. I want sure if the 09's that came out at the end of 08 would have had that option. I know that I have seen several for sale on ebay that are copper and have sync so I am pretty sure they were 09's. I will keep searching and post if I find any more info. I have been looking to see if I could find the color options for the king ranch for each year. I can only it for the base, FX, and Lariat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.