6" or 8" lift with 37s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 04:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6" or 8" lift with 37s

CANT DECIDE BETWEEN 6" OR 8" LIFT. LOOKING TO DO 37"TIRES ON 20" AFTERMARKET WHEEL. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY PICS OR SUGGESTIONS. ALSO WOULD LIKE SUGGESTIONS ON LIFTS. I AM CURRENTLY 4"LIFT WITH 37s ON THE 20" FACTORY WHEEL. THEY RUB AT FULL TURN. THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
def go with the largest lift..... from my experiance (1bout 4 diff lift kit heights) you always want to go bigger....
Old 08-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Go with the 8". You'll want to go higher sooner or later and 8" is still reasonable. I have a 6" Pro Comp with 37's on factory wheels and they still rub at full lock. I'm sure they would still rub with an 8" on factory wheels. With the right offset on aftermarket wheels, they shouldn't rub with either height. As far as brands, my pro comp works great for a cheaper lift. If I were to do it all over again, I would go with the Rize with Bilstein shocks. Their radius arm drop kit wasn't much more than the pro comp.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 PM

ProComp 6" on 22's. Been a nice lift so far. Definetly upgrade on the shocks, I went with some bilstein's and it made a big diffrance.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 PM

6" lift, 37x15.5x20, 20" moto metal 951, had to cut out and move bottom back edge of wheel well back about 2". Perfect turning now even flexed out

Old 08-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Serving Our Country!

Go actually find where the rubbing is occuring ... everyone keeps mentioning tire rub at full lock. This is likely rubbing on the leaf spring... for which a lift kit will not do anything for you. A rub on the wheel well is likely to occur somewhere between straight ahead and full lock because in the middle is where the edge of the tire will be closest to the wheel well (it pulls away again at full lock).

If you're getting rubbing on your leaf spring then you're going to need less offset on your wheels. All the lift in the world won't fix that rub if you have the wrong wheel offset.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraph View Post
Go actually find where the rubbing is occuring ... everyone keeps mentioning tire rub at full lock. This is likely rubbing on the leaf spring... for which a lift kit will not do anything for you. A rub on the wheel well is likely to occur somewhere between straight ahead and full lock because in the middle is where the edge of the tire will be closest to the wheel well (it pulls away again at full lock).

If you're getting rubbing on your leaf spring then you're going to need less offset on your wheels. All the lift in the world won't fix that rub if you have the wrong wheel offset.
Correct!
Mine rubbed at bout half lock
Old 08-11-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraph View Post

This is the 08-10 section.... We don't have leafs up front, so they couldn't be rubbing on that. Likely what's rubbing on Roberts is the Radius Arm. My 35s rub at full lock with a 2.5 inch lift and stock wheels... But your offset comment is correct I'm sure...
Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmadigan View Post
ProComp 6" on 22's. Been a nice lift so far. Definetly upgrade on the shocks, I went with some bilstein's and it made a big diffrance.
Did you have the ES9000 on to begin with? Did the Bilsteins really make that big of difference? I have been contemplating on putting some Bilsteins on for a while. I just don't want to waste the money if they aren't going to make any difference.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:00 PM

I had the ES9000 on for 3 weeks before the bilsteins came in. For the diffrence in price i think it was worth. Over all the whole ride was way smoother. They sure made the rear end smoother. In the front it took away all the jaring on the really rough roads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.