38's on a 6"??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
38's on a 6"???

DO any of you guys have 38's on a 6" lift???? If so how bad does it rub. I currently have 37's but my buddy wanted to trade me for his 38's, Toyo's MT.

Any advice on if this fits or not? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

depends on your wheel offset but it's possible with a LITTLE fender trimming( barely any and inside the fender ) I have an 08 body on my 2000 and with an 8" lift I cleared 40x15.50x22 mud grapplers on 22x14 xd diesels...
Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i've heard of a ton of people having 37's and having plenty of room, but i haven't heard of any 38's. but you shouldn't really have any problems..like thatguy2010 said, if anything you might need to do just a little bit of trimming..
Old 08-07-2010, 05:45 AM

I think you could fit the 38-13.50. I'm not sure about a 15.50. I run the 37-13.50 and haven't had any problems, just rub at full lock, but I am on factory wheels. When I get new tires, I think I am going to go up to the Toyo 38-13.5 and try it out.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:20 AM

I think his username is Seabeefx4, but he has 38s on his 6'' I believe. It looks stuffed as crap, but I would think it would still be fine. If people have 37s on a level kit, I'd bet you could do it. I think his are 15.50s, I don't even know if anyone makes a 13.50 wide...?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
I think his username is Seabeefx4, but he has 38s on his 6'' I believe. It looks stuffed as crap, but I would think it would still be fine. If people have 37s on a level kit, I'd bet you could do it. I think his are 15.50s, I don't even know if anyone makes a 13.50 wide...?
Toyo makes a 38-13.5-20. I figured they'd be the same look as I have, just a little taller. I wish someone else would get them first so I could check them out...
Old 08-07-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertc82 View Post
Toyo makes a 38-13.5-20. I figured they'd be the same look as I have, just a little taller. I wish someone else would get them first so I could check them out...
If they do, I'd bet that an extra 1/2 inch on either side would never make a huge difference to whether they'd clear or not... Just look at your truck in comparison to fender wells, I'm sure you've got that room. I wouldn't be running that on a stock wheel tho I don't think.... Seems real tall, even tho you and others are already doin 37s...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.