Would these rims look right? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would these rims look right?

I'm looking at some new rims, and ive come across a dilemma .. Whether to get glossy black or matte wheels.. Right now I have chrome on my truck but its slowly being taken off switched to FX4 gear.. I have black glossy diamondplate bed rails, and a matte black toolbox.. Kinda got screwed on the toolbox, but for now its there. I'm thinking about switching it out to a glossy black diamondplate one.

Now these are the rims I'm looking at, Fuel Octane Deep rims, would they look right on my truck with other glossy black parts? Anyone have any experience or pics of these mounted? Im also deciding between the Nitto Trail Grapplers and the Toyo MT's... with it being a 20x12 wheel, I'm pretty sure Im going to have to go with the Toyo's.... any help? Here are pics of my truck currently, before I throw either a 6 or 8in lift.. If I go 8in, then its going to be 38's.. if its a 6, then 37's...

And does anyone know if you can either powdercoat diamondplate rails or powdercoat the rims glossy?

Attached Thumbnails
Would these rims look right?-fuel_octane_22x14_black-500.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I saw those wheels in chrome and wasn't really a big fan, but I really liek them in black! good choice!

As for the wheels, i'm guessing the matte black is actually a teflon coating much like a lot of the xd series if I'm correct. I think that would look fine. I don't think gloss would look bad either though.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne29th View Post
I'm looking at some new rims, and ive come across a dilemma .. Whether to get glossy black or matte wheels.. Right now I have chrome on my truck but its slowly being taken off switched to FX4 gear.. I have black glossy diamondplate bed rails, and a matte black toolbox.. Kinda got screwed on the toolbox, but for now its there. I'm thinking about switching it out to a glossy black diamondplate one.

Now these are the rims I'm looking at, Fuel Octane Deep rims, would they look right on my truck with other glossy black parts? Anyone have any experience or pics of these mounted? Im also deciding between the Nitto Trail Grapplers and the Toyo MT's... with it being a 20x12 wheel, I'm pretty sure Im going to have to go with the Toyo's.... any help? Here are pics of my truck currently, before I throw either a 6 or 8in lift.. If I go 8in, then its going to be 38's.. if its a 6, then 37's...

And does anyone know if you can either powdercoat diamondplate rails or powdercoat the rims glossy?

those in a 20" with a 37 will look sweet!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Serving Our Country!

Hrm.. well now I don't know.. Ive seen the chrome ones mounted on a truck and just can't picture them in black for mine... little too blingy.. and I don't think it will look right.. what about a set of these though instead?

Chrome version of Octane's
New set of rims to think about..
Old 07-29-2010, 09:44 AM

I seen a few post about jesse james wheels not being very good. I think they look good though.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Premium Member

Im not a fan of the jesse james wheels, I personally dont think they look very good.

Although, I have only seen them in chrome. The black ones do look better though.
Tony Wildman has them on his truck
Here is a pic, its not very good but its the only one I had

Old 07-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Serving Our Country!

There's just something about this pic that I really like... not sure howd they be on my truck under an 8in lift though...
Old 07-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
im not a fan of the jesse james wheels either. i am a big fan of black wheels though.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Serving Our Country!

Problem is everyone has monsters, or rockstars... or some of the others... man this is as bad as my wife picking out shoes....
Old 07-29-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken04 View Post
Im not a fan of the jesse james wheels, I personally dont think they look very good.

Although, I have only seen them in chrome. The black ones do look better though.
Tony Wildman has them on his truck
Here is a pic, its not very good but its the only one I had

i wanna see some more pics of that 6.4 in the back ground

And yea i haven't heard many good things about the Jesse James wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.