Front End Replacement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front End Replacement

So I'm thinking about putting a front end replacement on my truck. I am going for the ranchhand type look. I've looked at the RanchHand brand online and some others including ToughCountry and I think I like the RanchHand brand the most. Does anyone have pictures of these types of replacements to help me out? Also I plan to have it color matched to the pueblo gold. Should I just have it painted or would I be better off powder coating it? Could a good powder coater match that color? Let me know what you guys think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 PM

Well I ordered it today and let me just say they ain't cheap! But you get what you pay for. I originally ordered the Cattleman brand because the guy at a local shop talked me into by just looking at a brochure. My fault completely for not doing my homework. After I got home, I searched and found pictures and didn't like the look of it on this bodystyle. Luckily I got in touch with him and they are going to cancel that order and go ahead and get me the RanchHand brand. It was about $300 more, but I know that I love that look so I'll be happy with it. I am just going to have it painted for now and see how long that lasts. If it doesn't then I will have it powder coated. If anyone has pics of anything similar, please posts. I should have mine on in a week or so and will post when I get it.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

I'd have it powdercoated for sure, paint is going to chip off. And I don't see why you couldn't get it in the gold you want. post pics after the install!!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:25 PM

yeah id powedercoat if for sure where is judd mclure when ya need him lol he had his done in that color on kr and it looks good
Old 07-28-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02stroker250 View Post
yeah id powedercoat if for sure where is judd mclure when ya need him lol he had his done in that color on kr and it looks good
RanchHand doesn't offer special colors. ToughCountry is the only one I've found that does but I wasnt crazy about the look. I don't know anything about powder coating, but from what I've read, paint should stick to the powder well. Also it looks like a pita to powdercoat one again, having to be taken down to bare metal. I'll try this paint out and if it doesn't work, I'll spend the money and get it done right and learn my lesson the hard way like I always do. Since I went with the RanchHand it's going to be another week before it's ready. Hopefully I'll still be off to get it!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertc82 View Post
RanchHand doesn't offer special colors. ToughCountry is the only one I've found that does but I wasnt crazy about the look. I don't know anything about powder coating, but from what I've read, paint should stick to the powder well. Also it looks like a pita to powdercoat one again, having to be taken down to bare metal. I'll try this paint out and if it doesn't work, I'll spend the money and get it done right and learn my lesson the hard way like I always do. Since I went with the RanchHand it's going to be another week before it's ready. Hopefully I'll still be off to get it!
yeah i dont like tough country either the only other than ranch hand i like is frontier bumpers but yeah i dont blame ya id try painting it first to
Old 07-29-2010, 09:06 AM

Well change of plans. I found an awesome place called Hendry's down in channelview, tx that is way cheaper than everyone else and has the ranchhand I want so I'm headed there to get it and getting a refund at the other place. It was $350 cheaper here. Also it looks like powdercoating is actually cheaper so I'm going to go ahead and get it done. I hope they can match the color.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:41 AM

With todays powdercoat, they can match just about any color.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertc82 View Post
Well change of plans. I found an awesome place called Hendry's down in channelview, tx that is way cheaper than everyone else and has the ranchhand I want so I'm headed there to get it and getting a refund at the other place. It was $350 cheaper here. Also it looks like powdercoating is actually cheaper so I'm going to go ahead and get it done. I hope they can match the color.
im glad everything worker out for ya
Old 07-29-2010, 03:55 PM

Had a great experience with this place getting the bumper. They will even install and buy your factory bumpers if you want. I didn't sell them mine because mine has to be powder coated and I don't want to drive around without a front bumper. It was well worth the 3 hour drive to get it. They told me that when I'm ready to get my rear bumper, they will still buy my front if I want, plus my rear, so I'm getting the rear very cheap if I do it, which I plan on soon. Here is the link to their website if anyone else is looking...they have all kinds of stuff.

Ranch Hand Style Front Bumper Replacements from $675 Houston Tx Shipping to US
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.