Duplicoler Shadow - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 10:11 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Duplicoler Shadow

I watched Truck U this monring and they were showing the Duplicolor Shadow paind kit. It is meant to turn your chrome into a glossy black chrome. I was going to go all black, but this really provides a good result. It requires no scuffing of the chrome as the chrome shines through a little. The black has something in it that causes it to fuse with the chrome. Then, you clear coat it. It all comes with a kit. The say one kit will do four wheels. I have black wheels but want to try this on my chrome bumpers and FX4 chrome grill.

Has anyone tried this? How were your results? Any advise?

Also, I should have some pics of my truck online this evening. I have the moto metal 959s black with 35" trail grapplers. I have the headlight and tail light - light smoke tint on order. Should be here Tuesday or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

I've seen that kit too, looks pretty cool. Never seen it on anything in person yet though.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:14 PM

OK, I tried this today. I bought three kits. The first try on my grill looked pretty good until a drop of speat drips off my forhead and messed it up. I spripped that off and tried again. It did not adhere very well to the chrome. I am not sure why, but I am returning the last kit. $40 wasted I guess, but now I know. I am going to by an aftermarket grill and sell my chrome one.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:55 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
I'd like to see some of this done. Sounds cool.

They do make an adhesion promoter for chrome. Might be a good thing to add to your shopping list if you do this.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:29 PM

I watched how it was done on turck u, and I read the directions. It is a two step system. One black translucent and one clear. I also bought a can of prep/cleaner as suggested on the box. It just did not seem to adhere as advertised.

So, I have tried it and wasted $50 and hope to get $20 back when I reutrn the third box. Anyway, good luck to those that try it. I feel a little burnt at this point. I won;t try it again.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:48 AM

Ok... being somewhat desperate to get this chrome off my truck, I tried this again using an adhesion promoter. It worked about the same as the first two tries. It flaked right in about 15 small locations. Now, some of it adhered. You would think this would be good news, but given that it all had to come back off, this just made stripping it a pain. I will stick a fork in my eye before I try this crap again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.