Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Beer bottles and Side mirrors do not mix

3K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  BigKid 
#1 ·
So my buddy gets the bright idea to throw his beer bottle at a sign instead of putting it back in the case to throw away later. long story shot he missed the sign but he did hit my side mirror instead. all he broke was the top mirror anyone know how to remove the mirror so i can replace it?

See less See more
#3 ·
The best way to get it off is to call your buddy that broke it and say hey come fix my mirror a$$!!

#7 ·
BTW even if you weren't drinking, you would STILL get a big ticket for a open container, it doesn't matter who's it was, your the driver, your responsible for your passengers. think of this as your being stupid fine.

#17 ·
Sounds about right to me. It's your truck, so if you're gonna let your buddies drink while you're driving, then deal with the consequences. Your broken mirror being one of them:doh:

#11 ·
You can have a empty container in the truck, he didnt say it had any left or that he drank the last sip of it then threw it, I dont know if it had any before he threw it but it sounds like it was empty since he was drunk and stupid enough to hit the mirror

#12 · (Edited)
Wrong answer, in Ga its $200 a can, in Cali its even more.

#13 ·
Quoting Georgia Code § 40-6-253. Consumption of alcoholic beverage or possession of open container of alcoholic beverage in passenger area
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a) As used in this Code section, the term:
(1) "Alcoholic beverage" means:
(A) Beer, ale, porter, stout, and other similar fermented beverages, including sake or similar products, of any name or description containing one-half of 1 percent or more of alcohol by volume, brewed or produced from malt, wholly or in part, or from any substitute therefor;

(B) Wine of not less than one-half of 1 percent of alcohol by volume; or

(C) Distilled spirits which is that substance known as ethyl alcohol, ethanol, or spirits of wine in any form, including all dilutions and mixtures thereof from whatever source or by whatever process produced.
(2) "Open alcoholic beverage container" means any bottle, can, or other receptacle that:
(A) Contains any amount of alcoholic beverage; and

(B)
(i) Is open or has a broken seal; or

(ii) The contents of which are partially removed.
(3) "Passenger area" means the area designed to seat the driver and passengers while a motor vehicle is in operation and any area that is readily accessible to the driver or a passenger while in his or her seating position; provided, however, that such term does not include any locked glove compartment or, in a passenger car not equipped with a trunk, any area behind the rearmost upright seat or not normally occupied by the driver or passengers.
(b)
(1) A person shall not:
(A) Consume any alcoholic beverage; or

(B) Possess any open alcoholic beverage container
in the passenger area of any motor vehicle which is on the roadway or shoulder of any public highway.

(2) The provisions of paragraph (1) of this subsection shall not apply to any passenger in the passenger area of a motor vehicle designed, maintained, or used primarily for the transportation of persons for compensation or in the living quarters of a motor home or house trailer.

(3) Only a person who consumes an alcoholic beverage or possesses an open alcoholic beverage container in violation of this Code section shall be charged with such offense; provided, however, that an operator of a motor vehicle who is alone in the passenger area of such motor vehicle shall be deemed to be in possession of any open alcoholic beverage container in such passenger area.
(c) Any person who violates this Code section is subject to a fine not to exceed $200.00.

#16 ·
I just looked up Michigan, From what I read its "up to a $500 fine per offense"

#18 ·
Nope, you can not go to jail for open container in Texas

Sec. 543.004. NOTICE TO APPEAR REQUIRED: CERTAIN OFFENSES.
(a) An officer shall issue a written notice to appear if:

(1) the offense charged is speeding or a violation of the open container law, Section 49.03, Penal Code

#20 ·
I have taken back many containers of alchol beer in my truck and never got asked about it, I got pulled over once and he saw the bottles on the ground and didn't say anything, you have to get these bottles back to a grocery store for your 10cents here in michigan how else are you suppose to get them back

#23 ·
Napa sells some replacement mirror glasses that come with double sided tape on them. If they have one for your mirror all you have to do is get the broke mirror out and put the other one in. If not stop at a glass shop like Safe-Lite and they can put a mirror in it.

Next time tell them you hit a sign or smacked mirrors......

#29 ·
Does the new 1 that you have already have the plastic pc on the back of the mirror(glass)?

I lost the mirror on my 6.0 about 2 years ago. Slapped mirrors with a guy coming the oppisite direction on a narrow street. Very thankful it was only the mirrors that hit. My mirrors were the paddle mirrors too, we were Close!

As a glass guy, I just kept up with all the plastic parts, cut me a new mirror, and slapped it back in. :thumb:

#28 ·
Just take it to a local glass shop. They will probably charge you like $20 bucks to install it and then its done right. My buddy just had his done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.