Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Roof Rack With 4 More HIDs!!!

4K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  ididntdoit5150 
#1 ·
finally got some pictures of my roof rack i had installed. its a Defender Rack with light cage. i used the same HID's that i have in my bumper just the 7" version. Havnt gotten them wired up yet as i am waiting to get the flood lights for the sides and back and just wire them all at once.

here are the pics so far, let me know what you think.

See less See more
#5 ·
truck looks good i think the cage around the lights is a little much but i like the roof rack

#7 ·
Looks good man always liked ur truck

#14 ·
So i can go faster again the tires are killing me in performance wise

#18 ·
yeah i know what you mean but im doing good in the pulling world i pulled a 359ft at 21mph.

#20 ·
they are made by kinda a knock off company called custom accessories. they are priced just right for an HID at $135 each instead of $550 for the same light made by hella. i know and see a ton of people running them and have never herd a single complaint. i cant say how they all light up yet being that i have not wired them yet, but when i got them i just suck one of them to my battery and it lit up my whole block. also out in the desert at night they 4 4" versions that i have in my bumper pretty much make daylight wherever i go lol.

CHECK THEM OUT HERE!

holy roof rack batman!! looks good man
thanks bud

yeah i know what you mean but im doing good in the pulling world i pulled a 359ft at 21mph.
holy $[-]I~ thats damn good pull. i was a little pissed off cause the only time that i have pulled with my truck i was using a rental hitch and when they measured my hight they said i needed the adjustable hitch at the highest level. well i got up to pull and they slap on one that sticks straight out so its now lower by about 8 inches. the front of the sled was pretty much digging into the ground from about 100ft and i only hit 169. it was pretty lame but fun non the less

#21 ·
yeah its all i ur hitch height and ur speed

#23 ·
yeah i would say if u were closer u could come out but that would be a drive for you

#27 ·
mine without the light cage starts just to the rear of the clearance lights and goes pretty much right to the end of the roof. they make all different sizes including ones for the E series van that goes all the way from front to back so im sure using one of those might give you exactly what your looking for. you can get them from Off Road Unlimited

That is one bad a$$ roof rack. Truck looks sharp!
thanks bud :thumb:

#28 ·
I dont know how Ive never seen your truck on here before. That truck is amazing. I love the mud but Ill save that for the jeep not this truck.

#29 ·
haha thanks. eh, the way i figure it if im going to buy such an expensive truck and put so much money into it, im going to use it. people buy a 500+ hp spartan tune and race the truck, why buy some off road lights and tires and only let it see the pavement?? i cant stand all those show trucks that have a $20,000 lift and have never seen dirt. i mean ya it does upset me when i have such an expensive truck and i get a new ding or scratch but the way i see it is im having fun, and crap like that can always be hammered out or re-painted and it can always be fixed :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.