Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Front Windows Scratches

12K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  JONNYLOVESTRUCKS 
#1 ·
I noticed that my front driver side window has scratches, but is out of warranty so no getting it fix for free, but for you all with your warranty still there is a TSB to fix it.

TSB 07-10-5
05/28/07
FRONT DOOR SIDE GLASS SCRATCHED DUE TO
COLLECTION OF DIRT/DEBRIS IN WARPED OUTER
WINDOW MOLDING
FORD:
2003-2007 Expedition
2005 Excursion
2005-2008 F-Super Duty
LINCOLN:
2007 Navigator
This article supersedes TSB 06-18-2 to update the vehicle model years, vehicle application and parts information.
ISSUE
Some 2005-2008 F-Super Duty, 2005 Excursion, 2003-2007 Expedition and 2007 Navigator vehicles may exhibit outer window molding weather strip assembly warping around the lower front window channel. The condition may be described as a warped or loose outer window molding. There may be a pucker or gap between the window beltline molding weather strip assembly and the window glass. This may result in dirt and debris collecting between the molding and the glass, and therefore scratching the side-window glass.
ACTION
Use the Service Procedure to replace the outer window molding and adjust the molding flange.
SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Lower the side door window completely.
2. Remove the outside mirror.
3. Remove the outer window molding weather strip assembly by lifting it up away from the flange.
4. Raise the side door glass completely
5. Measure the distance from inboard surface of the door molding flange to outboard surface of the window glass. Distance from flange to glass should be between 5/8-3/4" (16-19 mm) for F-Super Duty and Excursion.
6. Lower glass completely.
7. Adjust the door molding flange to meet the 5/8-3/4" (16-19 mm) dimension. Do not adjust flange more than 3/4" (19 mm) away from the glass.
8. Install a new lower window molding weather strip assembly.
9. Reinstall mirror.
10. If the side door glass has been scratched, replace the glass. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 501-11.

Part Numbers#

Glass - LH 4C3Z-2521411-AA
Glass - RH F81Z-2521410-AA

Weatherstrip Asy - LH F81Z-2521453-AA
Weatherstrip Asy - RH F81Z-2521452-AA

WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

See less See more
#3 ·
my 06 had it bad on both sides....thanks for the tip..ill have my truck taken care of before its gets to late

#6 · (Edited)
Mine has it on all four windows but mine is from the wide tires and sanded winter roads I'm sure. There really is now way to prevent the sand from not sticking to the window when the tires throw all the gunk up and getting past the molding.

#9 ·
I am pretty sure that is what caused mine to scratch too. Winter, mud and gravel road. But I have lived in these conditions a long time and this is the only car that it has happened too.

#11 ·
Hope you are using a orbital. Lot of work by hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.