Help me find these? please! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help me find these? please!

So after installing a readylift kit, my abs lines wont snap back into oem clips on radius arms. i realize that it's probably not going to casue harm but ill give it one last shot.

i saw a lifted 08 and went to see what he did for this problem. he had a pro comp lift and there where aftermarket abs line clips on his aftermarket radius arms. I CANT FIND THEM!!!

heres a blurry pic i took.

HIS

MINE

I know the pic is ****ty but figured there might be someone thats seen this.

Thanks in advance...
cj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 12:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jwindbigler
Hmph, off topic, but that guy is rubbing tires
Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 AM

Funny you mention this. I just did a big article on my Readylift install and this was a item I pointed out specifically although my problem was only when I was lowering the axle to get the spring back in with the spacer. Once it was installed and I had the axle snug up against the spring I didn't have the slack issue.

See if you have slack buried either side of the plug? You can read my article here:
Sand Mountain Dunes - A dune guide to Sand Mountain - Norcal Truck SMD Project
Old 03-17-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwindbigler View Post
Hmph, off topic, but that guy is rubbing tires
I think you're looking at my pic. The axle shifted towards the driver side and i was rubbing with stock 20s and 35x12.5 toyo mts.
This was solved with aftermarket wheels that have some offset. I was bummed becasue I could clear the wheels and tires before lift. Put it on and started rubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveFlat View Post
Funny you mention this. I just did a big article on my Readylift install and this was a item I pointed out specifically although my problem was only when I was lowering the axle to get the spring back in with the spacer. Once it was installed and I had the axle snug up against the spring I didn't have the slack issue.

See if you have slack buried either side of the plug? You can read my article here:
Sand Mountain Dunes - A dune guide to Sand Mountain - Norcal Truck SMD Project
Nice write-up. Looks like we had the same hiccups when installing. How do you like those billsteins? where did you order them from? I am using the stock shocks with the extensions. Think its time to get rid of those.
It does look like there is some slack on each side. I've tried to pull it through but its really stuck. I used some wd40 to lube it up but still wont go. I'll give it another shot tonight.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:17 AM

Bilsteins improved the ride. I'm curious why your cables are so much shorter. Be sure to let us know what you find!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEEEJ View Post
I think you're looking at my pic. The axle shifted towards the driver side and i was rubbing with stock 20s and 35x12.5 toyo mts.
This was solved with aftermarket wheels that have some offset. I was bummed becasue I could clear the wheels and tires before lift. Put it on and started rubbing
That really sucks. Eliminate a problem, do something to make the truck look better, and the problem returns. What a bummer
Old 03-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:

Nice write-up. Looks like we had the same hiccups when installing. How do you like those billsteins? where did you order them from? I am using the stock shocks with the extensions. Think its time to get rid of those.
It does look like there is some slack on each side. I've tried to pull it through but its really stuck. I used some wd40 to lube it up but still wont go. I'll give it another shot tonight.
Mine were super tight too. But, they can be pulled through. You have to work from both sides and keep the line as straight as possible when feeding ( forcing ) it through.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.10853 View Post
Mine were super tight too. But, they can be pulled through. You have to work from both sides and keep the line as straight as possible when feeding ( forcing ) it through.
good to know. now time for me to get off my lazy *** and go to the driveway.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
good to know. now time for me to get off my lazy *** and go to the driveway.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM

Both of mine that were lifted were like this. I just had to pull some slack and snap them in. Took 5 seconds to do it. If your axle shifted, does that mean it didn't come with something to for your trac bar? If it wasn't rubbing before the lift, it shouldn't do it after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.