Fender Flares - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fender Flares

Alright question is there any tips about installing flares? Reason I ask is I installed a set on my old truck 08 ram and it was silver. happen to remove the flares about 2 months later and the flares rubbed my paint bad no more clear coat. So my new truck is Black and if I install flares, is it a one shot deal because my paint will be trashed and will not be able to remove them with out having my truck painted? Or is there a way to save my paint if I change my mind and remove them later?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 08:35 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jesse@MBRP
What flares are you going with?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:27 PM

i just installed a set of bushwacker flairs on my 08 f250 harley and i love them, they come with a double ply rubber gasket, so far so good. did you last set come with a rubber gasket? istalled pretty easy, harderst part was trying to hold in place myself the mark where to put the new clips. installed in about 2 hours tops... have a question for you palady, what type of lift kit are you running and how was it to install, thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 07:27 PM

locally there are two ads on craigs list for bushwacker flares, one says its for an 04 while the other claims to be good up to an 07. I have an 09 will either of these work? The price is smoking good (although 1 seller is missing the 'hardware' whatever that might be) so would they work?

thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 07:37 PM

i'm pretty sure they wont work, i think 2008 and up is the change, just check out any web site that sells them and see what year the flares you need range from, i think your going to need the same ones i have which fit 2008-2009
Old 12-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The stock ford flairs changed in 08. they are a bit different than the 05-07s. not sure about aftermarket ones.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:50 PM

99-07 are the same flares.... 08-10 are a different flare.... I am a bushwacker dealer if you need some pricing... as for wearing your paint, if you get 3M clear film like invisible bra material, you lay that where the flare sits to protect your paint...
Old 12-07-2009, 10:17 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruno25 View Post
i just installed a set of bushwacker flairs on my 08 f250 harley and i love them, they come with a double ply rubber gasket, so far so good. did you last set come with a rubber gasket? istalled pretty easy, harderst part was trying to hold in place myself the mark where to put the new clips. installed in about 2 hours tops... have a question for you palady, what type of lift kit are you running and how was it to install, thanks
Its an 8" rize lift It took maybe 5-6 Hours to install as long as you have a lift to use, and that did not include puting on the traction bars that was another 3-4 hours. All i can say is Ford is the easyer of the 3 (FORD,DODGE,CHEVY) to lift in the 6-8" lift in my 2 cents that I put on. Back to the flares I'm thinking Bushwacker and on my old dodge I used the rubber between the flares and the body, but it still rubbed the paint. Just have to wait and see if someone with the flares will remove one and look to see if any damage is done to there truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.