RECON LIGHT/PARTS= CHEAP JUNK! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
RECON LIGHT/PARTS= CHEAP JUNK!

Well I guess this is a good as time as ever for a little rant! I've had 3 Recon products for my 08 F250, I was under the assumption for the price I was buying quality products! First, the Smoked LED mirror lens they had a horrible fit and finish and whistled, when I installed them, second the smoked LED 3rd brake light began to flicker 2 months after I got it and finally the cargo lights wont work period, to top that off because of the crap manufacturing I got water in my cab on numerous ocassions! Finally the LED tail lights, after about 3 months I noticed that 1 LED was going out on the left, after contacting them, they told me they could offer me a discount on a new set! LOL I was like WTF are you kidding! Its only been 3 months and your crap is already failing! I got so pissed I removed all my recon parts and went back with my factory parts after having them all smoked by my shop.....

BASICALLY ALL I WANT TO SAY IS RECON IS CRAP, THIER PRODUCTS ARE CRAP, THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CRAP! BUILD GOOD PRODUCT AND STAND BEHIND WHAT YOU SELL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2009, 08:49 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i'm having the same prob with my third brake light flickring its about 5 months old but other than that i have no prob with the brake lights
Old 10-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im having issues to. I have had two of the interior lights go out, one they replaced for free and the other i had to pay for. If i hit a bump just right one or two of my cab lights will flicker or turn off. Poor quality for a high price.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have been lucky with mine so far I guess. have the smoke led cabs, smoked mirror lights, and smoked 3rd brake. I did put a touch of silicone around the 3rd brake light as it did not seem to seal well. I was thinking of the tailights, but I too have seen several people who have LEDs out in them within the 1st year. I won't spend $300 on that crap.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 AM

I know I'm not the only one! Believe me I tell everyone not to waste thier money on thier crap! If my product breaks with in warranty and its not my customers fault I will replace it free of charge and apologize for it breaking not tell them if you want buy a new one and we'll give you 25% off.... What a joke this company is a joke!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:32 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

I had a problem with the smokd 3rd brake light as well, started to flicker after 2 months, and after 3 months 3 LEDs were out. So that one right there is a piece of $h!t. The LED tailgate strips seem to work well though, I had one for 2 years not a single problem, but then one day, stepped on it and it was done.

-BG06.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:11 PM

I just got the tailgate bar ,mirror lights, third stop light and cab lights it took three times to get me a tailgate bar that was not damaged in shipping poor packaging! the mirror lights whistle and the other dau i saw the cargo lights on one side flickering then went totally out i just sent i back for a replacement at no cost all within a month Recon has went down hill bad!!! i say we boycott them a**clowns !!!
Chris
Old 10-21-2009, 04:37 PM

HONESTLY WE NEED TO GET TOGEATHER AND POST THIS IN EVERY FORUM THAT YOU ARE MEMBER OF!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:52 PM

exactly we spend good money on what we think is a good product and its garbage Recon used to be the best thing since sliced bread but that sure went out the door plus their customer service is sad to say the least i'm in what ever you do let me know!
Chris
Old 10-21-2009, 05:43 PM

It does seem like they have problems with LED's... which is ironic considering the percentage of parts they make that contain them. I have the mirror lenses that whistle slightly, which doesnt bother me, but if one burns out... thats going to be annoying.

Smoked cab lenses are great though... since Ford did the wiring.

Its one thing if a part fails... but another, for a company to turn a blind eye and make the customer feel unappreciated for their business. If they keep it up, things will not work out for them in the long run. People will curiously google the part they see advertised, and be taken to forum threads like this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cheap junk, lifesgud2 works for recon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.