water anyone? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
water anyone?

well i jumped in my truck to get some lunch and when i got in i noticed some water on my grab handle on the drivers pillar ( its raining) so i looked and thought it just run in when i opened the door but sure enough it was running out where the handle meets the pillar. so i road to the store and did not see much after i wiped it but when i got back in the truck to come home it was leaking again now where the headliner meets the pillar plastic dripping on my knee wtf!!! i called the dealer right away and got a first thing call in the morning anybody seen this on there 09' or 08' could it be the sunroof pan clogged and overflowing it seems to come in when i backed up. a new truck with leaks already great!
Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 04:00 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just noticed the same thing on my truck.i tried to wipe out around the sunroof seal and rain channel, it wont stop! it is still raining ,and dark so it is hard to really see whats up .the water is coming out by the grab handle just like yours. mine is a 08 250qc
Old 10-15-2009, 05:50 PM

when and if i find out what the problem is at the dealer in the morning i will post it up.
Chris
Old 10-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

That sucks, wish I had a sunroof but glad I don't after hearing this. lol
Old 10-16-2009, 05:11 AM

Looking at mine yesterday, it seems like they are designed to handle a minimal amount of leaking around the seal. Are they supposed to leak at all? Not sure of that one. There is a channel all the way around that catches water and sends it out of holes at the corners. I'd check to see how clean those holes are and on a dry day, maybe even test them with a cup of water to see if they're draining properly. I could hear mine gurgle as I first moved the truck after a rain all night.

It also looks like the spot welds in the sheet metal of the roof, that the sunroof seals against, cause dents/curves along that line, preventing a perfect seal.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well I can't speak for the Ford truck but I had the same problem with our g8 gxp and it was a hose that drains the sun roof channel came unhooked. Maybe the same thing?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:39 PM

well i was at the dealer this morning and after 2 hours they call my name and hand me a invoice so i read it it stated no leaks found sorry that was not good enough i know it was leaking so i *****ed and got with the lead tech. that checked it. he said he hosed the hell out of it and saw nothing then checked the rain gutter/drain hoses all seem fine. the funny thing is it did not leak this morning so he said if i see water again he will need the truck for the day to drop the headliner. he said it could be leaking anywhere and running to that point he is supposed to check with ford for any known leak issues and gave me his phone# if i see a leak call him. i am betting its that damn sunroof i dont even use!!! i guess we will see what happens no water tonight either.
Chris
Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 PM

Reviving this thread! Its been raining today and i noticed water dripping from my overhead light it drips right in my cupholder this is the second time i seen this wondering if its the sunroof drains clogged or a roof light maybe leaking? The first time the dealer blew the drain out with air that was about a year ago now water again! Anyone having this issue?
Chris
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

wow this thread has been dead for over a year lol.

I would blow it out with a air hose.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:24 AM

I am going to try that tomorrow just have to watch using to muck pressure i guess it could blow the line off the sunroof tray which i think was the original problem thats why it leak down the pillar!
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.