Pulling to the Right ----> - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Pulling to the Right ---->

Just installed a 4.5 Icon on my 09. Sent it to the shop and they got it installed that day. Rode home on the stock wheels and tires (20"). Next morning I go to the tire store to get my 35" Toyo MT's mounted and balanced on my 20" Ultra's. I'm heading home and it is starting to pull to the right. Doesn't exit stage right as soon as you pull your hands off, but it starts to walk over and you have to keep the wheel tilted to the left to keep it straight. I had the truck aligned whenever the lift was put on. It was fine. So the next day I took it to get re-aligned. The guy made a few minor adjustments on it. Still pulling. So he swaped the front two tires around. Still pulling. He said that he has everything in their specific range and its not because of the alignment. I can't seem to figure out what the heck is going on. I have the camber/caster/toe measurements if that helps. Anybody have any idea what could be causing this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
mine does it as well. had mine aligned and switched the two front tires. when i rotate mine ill go back in to get it re done and if that doesnt help then ill do the camber and see if that does anything but it just might be our tires
Old 08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Built to my standards!

sometimes re rotating the tires help...it did when i got mine. drove out the lot and turn right around. they rotated them and fixed it.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:18 PM

Well I rotated the front two... or rather swaped sides. Still didnt help. I may rotate front to back and see if thats it. Oh and I know the guy balanced them correctly cause I sat two feet away and watched him. I do notice that it tends to get worse when I speed up. You think that may have something to do with it? I have a icon dual steering stabilizer coming in. I doubt it does anything, but we will see.

Last edited by djbp; 08-20-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:11 AM

Put the Icon dual steering stabilizer on it. Still pulling.... The stabilizer did help with the bumps. I do notice that the shocks are very close to rubbing. Is that normal? If anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I need to take pics of the set up. It's starting to drive me insane!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:55 AM

Just noticed something while cleaning the truck. The shop that put on my lift forgot to put the sway bar drop brackets on. Could this have something to do with it. I'm heading back up there Tuesday. Just wanted to know if this was a "Must Have" item for the truck or could it possibly be left out and not be that big of a deal.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbp View Post
Just noticed something while cleaning the truck. The shop that put on my lift forgot to put the sway bar drop brackets on. Could this have something to do with it. I'm heading back up there Tuesday. Just wanted to know if this was a "Must Have" item for the truck or could it possibly be left out and not be that big of a deal.
That would pizz me off

I do not see how the sway bar would make it pull to the right but if they are that careless maybe they are re- s and do not know what their doing so I would find another shop.

Also, my truck, car and every vehicle I've ever owned pulls to the right because of the crown in the road. Have you tried on a road you know is flat or on a three lane highway drive in the left lane and see if it still pulls to the right.

Did they install a new pan rod or are you using the stock one?

Last edited by Harley350; 09-06-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:28 PM

Yeah, thats the first thing I did was to make sure the ground was flat _________________. I also noticed that they didnt put the bump stop extensions on there either... Begining to make me wonder if I made the right choice on getting them to install my kit. I am bringing it back to them first thing tuesday. I plan on spending my day tomorrow cleaning the out of it and finally getting some pics up. Ill try to post as much as I can so everyone can check out the install and see if anything else looks out of place.

bp
Old 09-07-2009, 05:28 AM

I know the pan rod question was stupid but my friend had the 4.5 icon installed and it did not come with the pan rod and the shop did not ask for one. Drivers side wheel was hanging out a good 4" and it drove like a POS. You can do the leveling kit wihout one but not the 4.5.

Keep us up to date and Good Luck!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:31 PM

Here is a picture of the pass. side stabilizer shock. Is that normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.