Anyone have Recon headlights w/ LED Halo?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone have Recon headlights w/ LED Halo??

I tried searching but didn't get any results...anyway.

I am trying to gather some info on these as I am interested in possibly buying some and installing them on my truck. For those of you that have them, are they worth it? Do they shine brighter than the factory headlights? Did you opt for the HID bulbs inside the projectors?

Here is the link Recon Accessories: Ford SUPERDUTY F250 / F350 / F450 / F550 99-14 Projector Headlights

My main goal is to get something that looks better than the clear factory lights (smoked) and something that offers more light. I know they are a bit expensive, but it would be worth it to me to have the added asthetics and more light at night if that is the case.

Please share your experience, and pics if you have them please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

just be aware you may be sacrificing reliability and spending a lot to do so

specially with the optional HID kits
Old 04-30-2014, 05:57 PM

I've seen some threads on here where people are not happy with recon. Some went as far as to say that they are not any better quality than the eBay stuff. Others complained of led's going out in as little as 3 months. Then there's others who have had it for years with no issues. Me personally I think it's over priced and have decided to steer clear of it unless I can find a killer deal on a used set that is in good working order.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:03 PM

Definitely don't blow your money with Recon. If you do a little research you can find that all they do is worry about advertisement and not worry about customer service after the sale. I got a friend who just got Recons all the way around 3 months ago and half of them are out and some are leaking.. Think Recon cares?

That being said, I have heard great things about SpyderAuto.com though I havent used them. I've seen numerous people actual state that SpyderAuto and Recon were made at the same facility.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:25 PM

Recon is cheap Chinese junk, period! And it all comes from the same facory along with all the rest of the other cheap crap you find on eBay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.