Pioneer Avic won't see iPod unless I unplug/replug it - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pioneer Avic won't see iPod unless I unplug/replug it

I have an AVIC x710bt that won't see my ipod video 5th generation unless i disconnect/reconnect it every time i get in the truck.

its very inconvenient to sit there and wait for the avic to boot, then reconnect the ipod

is there a setting somewhere i missed that probes for the usb/ipod connection on the avic?

posting this in 6.4 electronics forum since my radio is from the 6.4 era
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 06:34 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mine does the same for the 3rd Gen touch but not everytime. It's at random. I have the f700bt. It seems to be when the system is booting up and you turn the key to start it causes a search reset. I haven't tested this to see if i wait a bit longer or don't wait on key turn when the system is trying to start when you put the key to run instead of start yet, but that is my theory.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:45 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I found its normal yet sporadic for all apple devices.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

wow thats annoying. i feel bad for the guys that put their ipod in the glove compartment all the way on the other side of the truck.

i was reading on a pioneer avic forum and the guys were saying to do an ipod reset via itunes fixes the issue???

ill try it and follow up..
Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamasaki View Post
wow thats annoying. i feel bad for the guys that put their ipod in the glove compartment all the way on the other side of the truck.

i was reading on a pioneer avic forum and the guys were saying to do an ipod reset via itunes fixes the issue???

ill try it and follow up..
Mine sits in my glovebox, here in the winter its no big deal if it happens since I am usually warming the truck up anyways.. but in the summer I just reach over and slide hand in the box and push the release tabs just enough to dislodge the connection on one corner and then push it back it. No biggie to me. And have noticed no difference after resets so dunno.. But then again I havent reset the thing in ages..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.