Aftermarket speakers in a truck that never had them. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-2014, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket speakers in a truck that never had them.

My 08 regular cab XL never had speakers in the back panel from the factory, so I ordered up some speakers and wiring harnesses from Crutchfield and put them in. Plugged the new harness right into the factory harness that was in the hole. They still don't work. Only the factory door speakers work. It got too dark and it's raining now, so I can't pull the whole dash apart tonight, but I'm looking for some ideas to ponder in the mean time.

I had an aftermarket head unit installed, but wouldn't that have just plugged into the factory harness? Meaning the rear speakers should work now that they're installed? Fuse block somewhere? Something else disconnected? Anyone else go through this before?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If the installer used a wire adapter for the head unit its likely that he/she didnt connect the rears since there were no speakers.

GD - 06 CCSB Lariat
Originally Posted by Hunter of Trolls
"It ain't slander if it's true".
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode