08 F250 LED Tail light housing replacement; which brand is quality/made in USA? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 02:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 F250 LED Tail light housing replacement; which brand is quality/made in USA?

I'm looking to buy some LED replacements for my tail/reverse light housing. I was looking at possibly something like this:

Client Validation

I'm not looking for clear or smoked or something that is too different from factory. Just an updated OEM look that has LEDs.

I'd like to be able to update the reverse lights on these new units with some very bright LED bulbs.

I'm also interested in updating the center high mount stop lamp on the cab to an LED.

Any suggestions on a quality brand that isn't made in China? Taiwan would be ok though (They are still the good guys right?)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help...

Last edited by Romille1; 01-06-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can add some bright leds to your existing tail lights, I use the v-leds bulbs and they are very nice!
RED PLATINUM 21 LED BLINKER BRAKE LIGHT BULBS 3157 3156 4157 3157CK | 1 PAIR - Red LED - 3157 - 3157CK - 3156 LED - Bulb Number

Here is a video of mine, and they are much brighter at night:
Old 01-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Super Duper Duty

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I had some smoked led taillights on my truck when I bought it. Well one went out and I bought some spyder led taillights that are red with a light smoke on them. I think all led lights the reverse light is on the bottom of the light like older trucks. I think the red light since it flows with my red. Just a thought. 08 F250 LED Tail light housing replacement; which brand is quality/made in USA?-imageuploadedbyag-free1389088757.174417.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-07-2014, 04:15 AM

I have Anzo's on my truck. I could care less where they are made
Old 01-07-2014, 05:33 AM

Hey thanks for the video and pics gents as well as the comments.

The replacements look in the $200 to $300 dollar range (the one's I was looking at).

I'm curious about the quality. It looks like you get a lot of little LEDs built inside with the replacement housings, but are they replaceable and how long do they tend to last I wonder.

The bulbs, on the other hand are nice to keep the clean OEM look and I imagine they would last a long time, but I wonder about that too.

This might be one of those "take a gamble" deal and hope it lasts.

Well, thanks again to everyone for taking the time to post and try and help out.

Nice looking trucks in the pics. At first glace I thought Greg's SD was an Excursion. I have an 05 "family wagon truckster".
Old 01-08-2014, 11:24 AM

The aftermarket housings with the built in leds are one complete unit, so if one or more leds quit then you have to buy a new set of lights

As for replacement bulbs in your factory housings, if you buy good quality leds then they will be very bright and you should have no bulb issues for a long time.

I have had mine in for a year with no problems, and even if they quit working at some point, they are much cheaper to replace!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:34 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsSD View Post
The aftermarket housings with the built in leds are one complete unit, so if one or more leds quit then you have to buy a new set of lights

As for replacement bulbs in your factory housings, if you buy good quality leds then they will be very bright and you should have no bulb issues for a long time.

I have had mine in for a year with no problems, and even if they quit working at some point, they are much cheaper to replace!
You make a good argument for the bulbs. I think I'll give them a try.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to oregoncalfroper
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsSD View Post

What rear led bulb did you go with?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-08-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncalfroper View Post
What rear led bulb did you go with?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Above he mentioned this:

You can add some bright leds to your existing tail lights, I use the v-leds bulbs and they are very nice!
RED PLATINUM 21 LED BLINKER BRAKE LIGHT BULBS 3157 3156 4157 3157CK | 1 PAIR - Red LED - 3157 - 3157CK - 3156 LED - Bulb Number

Here is a video of mine, and they are much brighter at night:

My question is now which one to go with the CK or the standard for the '08 F250. I could be wrong, but I think our trucks take the standard 3157...anybody know?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You are correct. 3157

Spock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2008 f250, led tail lights, replacement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.