Navi w/o Sirius button - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Navi w/o Sirius button

I recently purchase a 2008 F-350 FX4 Super Duty Diesel, it has the touch screen in dash navigation w/ the audiophile system, it's a job #3 as well because it was built in 2008, not 2007. The problem is there is no 'SR' tab for the satellite radio. Does this mean it's not satellite ready? What are my options? I would really like to have the satellite radio hooked up to the stock. Do they sell a stock module for it? Thanks in advance!!!

J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I guess no one can help on this one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not sure if I'm understanding this right. Is there a black antenna on the drivers side roof near the windshield? If so that the Sirius antenna. Now hopefully they didn't take out the Sirius box and left everything in the truck. You may just heed to buy a factory head unit or one aftermarket that has the sirus hookup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by pjzr1; 10-04-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the same problem, I just bought an 08 f350 lariat with the same touch screen nav unit, my owners manual says there's 2 different options with radios, SR box in top right has satellite radio and if it has a line box that means it doesn't have satellite radio. i'm just starting to research this myself as I would love to have Sirius also - I hope this helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by futbal2332 View Post
Not sure if I'm understanding this right. Is there a black antenna on the drivers side roof near the windshield? If so that the Sirius antenna. Now hopefully they didn't take out the Sirius box and left everything in the truck. You may just heed to buy a factory head unit or one aftermarket that has the sirus hookup.
There is no antenna on the roof. I traded in a 06 Dodge 1500 for my new truck. My Dodge had the antenna in the middle rear part on top of the cap, this truck does not have the satellite antenna on top of the cab. My questions is do they sell a module to connect to the back of the stock unit w/ antenna? Or am I forced to get an aftermarket unit or a Sirius Radio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull183 View Post
I have the same problem, I just bought an 08 f350 lariat with the same touch screen nav unit, my owners manual says there's 2 different options with radios, SR box in top right has satellite radio and if it has a line box that means it doesn't have satellite radio. i'm just starting to research this myself as I would love to have Sirius also - I hope this helps
I'm surprised that all the radios are not Sirius ready, very surprising. I've been doing research and it looks like there are (3) options.

1. Buy a OEM unit equipped with Sirius Radio
2. Buy an aftermarket unit that is Sirius Ready
3. Buy one of those Sirius Radios, but then it needs to be mounted somewhere. Which could end up looking ****ty.

Option 3 is the cheapest of the 3, please let me know your thoughts and what you find out. THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Amazon.com: COMPLETE Sirius Satellite Package for FORD Plus iPod or Aux Audio Input: Car Electronics Amazon.com: COMPLETE Sirius Satellite Package for FORD Plus iPod or Aux Audio Input: Car Electronics

I put this in my non navi radio but i did not have a sirius button on mine either. Shoot isimple an email and see what they say. For mine it works just like stock satellite but instead i use the aux button to turn it on. Not sure if itd work with nav but its worth it to send them an email and see
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok, couple things here, first the Sirius module is separate from the radio, second is the lack of the antenna on the roof and finally would be the need to have the stock radio reprogrammed to work with the Sirius. I believe all of the trucks have the wiring for the module so you would have to buy one off of eBay or a salvage yard, the good news is all you have to do with this is plug it in and mount it. Next you can buy the factory style roof mounted antenna from any dealer (you will however need to loosen the headliner and drill through the roof to install it and run it to the Sirius module. Finally the radio will need to be reprogrammed to add the Sirius capability. Depending on where you are this can cost anywhere from $75 to $150 dollars. Or the easiest is to buy the external Sirius and plug it into the AUX jack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb726 View Post
Ok, couple things here, first the Sirius module is separate from the radio, second is the lack of the antenna on the roof and finally would be the need to have the stock radio reprogrammed to work with the Sirius. I believe all of the trucks have the wiring for the module so you would have to buy one off of eBay or a salvage yard, the good news is all you have to do with this is plug it in and mount it. Next you can buy the factory style roof mounted antenna from any dealer (you will however need to loosen the headliner and drill through the roof to install it and run it to the Sirius module. Finally the radio will need to be reprogrammed to add the Sirius capability. Depending on where you are this can cost anywhere from $75 to $150 dollars. Or the easiest is to buy the external Sirius and plug it into the AUX jack.
I'm thinking that the external radio may be the easiest and cheapest route. Any ideas on where to mount/hide it??? Just don't want it to look cheesy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors