Hid problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 08:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hid problem

Guys I'm sorry for my terminology and if I don't explain this very good, I'm just needing help. I have 08 f250 with all the extras. I gave a pioneer radio with 7 in screen subs ect.. About year ago I had hid headlights installed.all has been fine for most part. From time to time passenger side wouldn't come on, had mess with it and eventually it come on. About two weeks ago I took truck back to the shop( this shop sales everything not specializing in one particular thing) to hid in the fogs to match. First day fine then all kinda went south lol. First some of lights wouldn't come on, then when I cut lights on the volume on radio go silent. Eventually the passenger side quit working again, but my radio started working fine when I cut light on. Took back shop it took them little while, they said they thought radio had something do with dimmer on radio needed take my radio guy. Said bulb was blowed and ballest. They replaced day later it has quit again. I pull light see if I can figure. There is one metal box ( ballest I guess) that's in there that's not hooked to anything. I'm assuming it was last ballast and was never removed when they installed the most recent which is a black plastic box that's not really mounted it's just hanging behind lens. Anyways the black boxed is tied in to the factory wires and too the bulbs inside lens. I'm getting fire to the ballest but not too bulbs so I'm assuming the ballest is blown again.fisrt can I buy ballest anywhere? Second question is, without me knowing anything about this stuff the only thing I seen besides the old ballest not being removed ( if that's what it is lol) and when I disconnected all the connectors to check make sure they getting contact, one if them was full of water. Could it if gotten wet inside there and blowed ballest? Man I know this is long post and I'm not explaining very good, but any help will be very much appreciated! Thks in advance guys..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bubba, if you want my advice I will tell you to check out theretrofitsource.com Granted their stuff isn't cheap but it's very high quality stuff that doesn't crap out like the cheap China stuff you probably have in there.

You can buy whatever parts you need for those HID's on eBay but you're gonna get what you pay for. And forget trying to get any of those companies to honor their "warranty". I speak form experience with this stuff. I've been buying HID's for years, put them on everything from my f250 to my atv and my motorcycle. You will keep spending money on parts and having to swap stuff out, or you can spend a little more and get the stuff from the site I mentioned above, as well as great customer service.

If you want your f250 headlights setup properly, there should be a relay switch put in there. See if your shop put one in. Something similar to Bi-xenon: 'MotoControl 9003/H4/HB2 - Relay Harnesses from The Retrofit Source Inc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.