Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HID Retro Finished

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  TxBoyJay's 08 KR250 
#1 ·
Finally got around too completing my HID Retro this week. Started this project in February and never got around to finishing it due to my busy schedule. My retrofit consists of the following;

FXR 3.0 3" lenses
Morimoto 5Five Bulbs and Ballasts
5000k Bulbs
Apollo Shrouds

Now here are some pics.....

From the driver side

From the drivers seat

Passenger Headlight

Front View of both headlights

Now I know this retrofit wasnt perfect but it was a good learning experience for me. I need to play with the bulb placement a bit on both lights to get my cutoff clearer. I also need to use some washers on the top tabs of both light to aim them down just a touch as some people were still flashing me. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

See less See more
#4 ·
What is there not to know>? They will blow the stock lights and output pattern out of the water? You don't know if you want to see more light on the roadway? You will never regret this mod, trust me, I've done it.

OP why didn't you black out the yellow reflector? The rest of your front end is blacked out.

#3 ·
I think right around $550-600. I bought a second set of lights to retro so that was another $150 added to the total cost. Parts from the retrofit source was around $375 i think and then miscellaneous things like epoxy, paint and a few tools. One of the best mods I have done to my truck.

#8 ·
I might give it a go Tony, but spray paint and I just dont get along sometimes lol.

#10 ·
Just don't eat it. Make sure if you do it, you spray several light coats from 4 different angles each coat. Those little ridges in the surface of the lens need to be fully coated on each coat. It's not hard and since your initial coat is the one that actually visible (because you are coating the inside surface not the outside surface of the lens) it's pretty hard to screw it up. :liar:

#9 ·
I love when I see somebody do HID's right.

To the guy not sure about them... if you do what the OP did, and get proper HID projectors and all that there's no reason not too. If your light pattern doesn't look like the pictures he posted it's not quality stuff.

I personally don't want to put HID's in my truck, even proper ones because of my lift and no matter what I'll end up blinding lot's of people, I get flashed with the zXe bulbs already.

#13 ·
If you spray the yellow reflector with black paint, the little running light is no longer visible. If you really want it to be visible, I suppose you could drill a small hole right over where it sits, or drill a hole in the reflector and attach the light to that.

#15 ·
they look clean and i wouldnt mind a pair, but thats kind of pricey. like tony97gt said you definitely want for visibility on the roads but at this pricing i'll just stick to my light bars. DEFINITELY LOOKS AWESOME AS HELL..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.