Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cab roof lights not working!!

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  44magnum 
#1 ·
Anyone having problems with thier overhead clearance lights? I noticed one day that they werent on anymore? Its getting frustrating because in my manual it talks about them being called "Overhead clearance marker lights" but theres nothing under fuse diagrahm? The bulbs are all good but I cant find a fuse for them anywhere!!! Checked for power at the sockets and get nothing, which makes me think theres an inline fuse somewhere else? All other lights and accesories work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. 08 F250 SD Lariat

#2 ·
I don't believe there is an in-line fuse. I think they are wired into the parking lamp relay.

#3 ·
There is no inline fuse only the fuse under the hood SJB fuse 22 (15A), SBJ being the "Smart Junction Box" Ie the fuse box under the hood. That's the fuse for all your parking lights but if all those work except your clearance lights you either have a bad SBJ, open or short in the wiring/terminals or a bad connector.
From the service manual......

Normal Operation
When the headlamp switch is placed in the PARKING LAMPS ON position, the smart junction box (SJB) provides a ground for the parking lamp relay coil
(integrated into the SJB). When the parking lamp relay is energized, voltage is routed through circuit CLS30 (VT/WH) to the front, rear, license plate, dual
rear wheel marker, trailer tow exterior mirrors (if equipped) and cab marker lamps (if equipped). Ground is provided to the rear and license plate lamps
through circuit GD176 (BK/WH). Ground is provided to the LH and RH front parking and side marker lamps through circuits GD122 (BK) and GD124

There is a thread around here somewhere so you can get the service manual for free.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.