wiring in off road light help. rookie - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wiring in off road light help. rookie

sorry guys this might be a dumb question . but i ordered 4 hid offraod lights for my 2010 f250 and was wondering can i wire in any relay and whats the best way to wire in the 4 lights to the upfitter switch 1 also what color of wire under the dash is for number 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Serving Our Country!

Teh upfitters should already hav a relay on them. on teh 6.0 i remember #1, #2 hav high amp relays compared to #3 and #4. But if those 4 HIDs are gonna pull more that what teh relay on #1 or #2 are rated for then u could use a relay(s) and maybe use upfitters #3 or #4. Hopefully a 6.4 owner will chime in with what colors are what. Or search upfitters for a 6.4. And
Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 AM

Yea I tried looking didnt really find to much info
Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Premium Member

ive only wired up my high idle mod. The #3 upfitter is your lowest amp. and everything is there already. you just hook the wire up to the fitter switch of your choice. That many lights would be 1 or2. Your Ford book says what is what as far as the upfitters go.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
If I remember correctly 1 and 2 are 15amp, 3 is 5 amp, and 4 is 10 amp. Look at the lights, if the 4 combined draw less than 15 amps than you can wire them all to #1, if they pull more, then wire 2 of them to #1 and the other 2 to #2. As for the color wire, they are all labeled under the dash. You will just have to connect the wire from the switches to the pass through wires on the firewall then connect the lifts to the pass through wire on the drivers side firewall. Run your ground to the battery or another good ground and you will be all set.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:02 AM

I think 1 and 2 are 30, 3 was 15, and 4 was 10. I would run all the lights to switch 1 if I were you. They have (pass through) wires under the dash, all they do is give you easy access to get through the fire wall. Ground out to the battery and run the hot side to a pass through wire and then hook into the upfitter 1 switch wire in the upfitter switch harness. I believe it is yellow, but I may be wrong. You can search upfitter switches and find a ton of info on it.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM

I found the wires for the switches by the ebrake . You sayibg there is another set engine side of fire wall that I can connect to so I dont have to go through the fire wall
Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Serving Our Country!

yes, theses another bundle of wires already passing thru teh firewall
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 AM

Were are they located
Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 AM

I haven't needed to use them yet, but I think they are in the bundle of wires to the left side of the steering wheel. They should go from the the inside of the cab, through the rubber grommet thing on the firewall and into the motor bay. Don't know about the colors of the wires, but they should be cut kinda like the wires on your upfitter harness. Again this may not be completely correct because I havent used them, but that is what I gathered from the research I did on it. Hope it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.