Please Visit our Site Sponsors
Is there a way too..... ?
hey guys, ok, heres my question of the day....
I am so sick of the seatbelt chime alarm. i live in an apartment complex and i drive to get my mail and really dont feel like putting my belt on when im only going 5mph or maybe 10mph. So, what i want too know is there a way to pull the plug and just jump the dam thing too make it think the seat belt is connected all the time????
Deactivating/activating the belt minder feature
Read steps 1 - 9 thoroughly before proceeding with the
deactivation/activation programming procedure.
The Belt Minder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the
Before following the procedure, make sure that:
• The parking brake is set.
• The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral
position (manual transmission).
• The ignition switch is in the OFF position.
• All vehicle doors are closed.
• The driver’s safety belt is unbuckled.
• The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped
with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure).
To reduce the risk of injury, do not deactivate/activate the Belt
Minder feature while driving the vehicle.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT
START THE ENGINE.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1–2
• Steps 3–5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will
have to be repeated.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the
safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during Belt Minder
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the
safety belt unbuckled.
• After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off,
buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
• This will disable Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable Belt
Minder if it is currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of disabling Belt Minder is provided by the safety belt
warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling Belt Minder is provided by:
• The safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three
• Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off.
• Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per
second for three seconds.
9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is