Stock Deck with new speakers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 03:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stock Deck with new speakers

Anyone have just the cd player with the stock AM/FM deck? I want better sound but I'm not ready upgrade everything yet. My truck came with the cd player (single disc) so my truck doesn't have any amp or sub. I'm looking at changing the door speakers out for now to see if I can get a little better sound. I read that the focal speakers aren't so power hungry but I'm wondering if that is based on the system with the factory amp and sub.

Anyone do this on a similar stock system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
honestly I don't think it is going to sound a whole lot better unless you change the source of the sound (i.e. the headunit). It will probably sound marginally better, but the cost you are putting into the Focal speakers would be better spent on a new headunit. That will make your stock speakers sound better than the Focals with the stock headunit IMHO.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a stock head unit and my setup sounds awesome. But I am pushing the door speakers with a 400w jl audio amp. To me the amp is more worthy of spending money on than the head unit. I left it with the factory stuff for now. Don't have to worry about getting broken into as much with the factory head unit.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm running focals with stock deck. It's night and day difference! I have a 12" kicker too, running a line converter, it also has outputs so I may add an amp for the speakers later, but for now it rocks pretty damn good. I'm no newbie to stereo electronics either- I prefer the stock/ stealth look
Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts678 View Post
I'm running focals with stock deck. It's night and day difference! I have a 12" kicker too, running a line converter, it also has outputs so I may add an amp for the speakers later, but for now it rocks pretty damn good. I'm no newbie to stereo electronics either- I prefer the stock/ stealth look
Which focals are you using? Are you pushing the focals with an amp or just off the deck?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Im running JL C2-570's in the front and they sound 100 times better than the stock crap, I only replaced the front because I didn't know how much difference they would make. I plan on replacing my rears one of these days. I am just running the stock single cd H/U and no amp.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44magnum View Post
Im running JL C2-570's in the front and they sound 100 times better than the stock crap, I only replaced the front because I didn't know how much difference they would make. I plan on replacing my rears one of these days. I am just running the stock single cd H/U and no amp.
Trust me on this one, because it's how I've got mine setup. Spend the money on a JL 4 chan amp and bridge it to those two front door speakers instead of spending money on those rear ones. Your fronts will come alive and scream with crystal clear sound. You won't even need to change the rears after that.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44magnum View Post
Thanks for the info. Good to know they sound better with just the stock H/U. Plus from the little shopping I've done seem to be cheaper than the focals.

Did you need to order a bracket for the JL's to fit or do they just bolt right in?

Last edited by jervi30; 10-05-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I can't remember the specific model I have but they were the higher end model. I would upgrade the rear speakers as well because the people in the back won't have a good sound, You can't tell from sitting in the front but if you sit in the back of the truck wired stereo is blasting you can tell that it's lacking. Do all 4 speakers
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervi30 View Post
Thanks for the info. Good to know they sound better with just the stock H/U. Plus from the little shopping I've done seem to be cheaper than the focals.

Did you need to order a bracket for the JL's to fit or do they just bolt right in?
Ya they really do make a difference. And no adapters needed, they bolt right in.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.