Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Trailer Parking lights messed up!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Cheeseburger 
#1 ·
Ok, here it goes. Last weekend I noticed the right side parking/driving lights on my boat trailer weren't lighting up(Brake and Blinkers work fine on the tail light). The taillight u can just see the LED lit but no normal light output at all. I then picked up my Work enclosed trailer and the right side markers are all out also. I went to removed that stupid 30amp(42 position) fuse out of the stupid under hood fuse block and the thing started disintegrating on me. The only way I could get it out was grabbing the blown fuse wire. Of course stupid me forgets to unhook the batts and I arch the fuse for a second. I put a new 30amp fuse(42 position) in, its still in tact but no power for the running lights now to the 7pin connector on the bumper. Is there anything fuse or relay I should be looking at? Driving lights and parking lights for the truck still work fine

#2 ·
It's interesting, the position 42 is the fuse to the relay. Position 55 is the Trailer Tow Park Lamp Relay. They are common.....meaning the fuse and relay are for both sides, according to the owner's manual. The Left and Right Brake light relays are separated by side, but you said those are working.

With it doing it on both trailers, you obviously have it isolated to the truck.

I wish I could be more help.

#3 ·
Ya Im stumped. Its for sure the truck. Both trailers have the main wiring pack heading down the drivers side, its almost like there isn't enough juice making it to the pass side. Guess it really doesn't matter now because none of the running lights work with a good 30amp fuse installed.

Anyone have any tips on removing those style fuses? I hate those things with a passion!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.