08 F-250 Radio Wiring - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 F-250 Radio Wiring

I have just recently bought a JVC KWR500 radio for my 08 F-250 so that I can have bluetooth capabilities through while driving. I bought the radio at Bestbuy and bought all the installation parts with it i.e. the wiring harness so I do not cut apart the factory wiring, antenna adapter, and the mounting adapter to fill in the factory opening in the dash. My question is there are two plugs in the back of the factory radio, one being a 24 pin and the being a 16-pin plug, what exactly is the 16-pin plug for? I was told it was for the factory amp and sub but the wiring harness I bought at best buy had an 8-pin plug for the amp. I also talked to a geek squad installer there and he said that they couldn’t get an adapter for this plug. What is everybody else doing when installing a different radio? On the other hand, is this plug all that nessicary; I am eventually going to install two subs and an amp behind the back seat but maybe sooner than I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm going through the same stuff you are as I bought an Alpine unit off of ebay and spent HOURS researching what to do to get the most of functionality. I'd take back everything to best buy minus your unit.

Plug C240C Rear DVD, Module communication network, Aux jack (16 pins)
Plug C240D Subwoofer (8 pins)
Plug C240A speakers, power (24 pins long skinny one)
Got all that from this post
2008 F250 Stereo Install help!

You want your steering wheel button control and functionality, and i figure you have them because you have the 16 pin plug, then you want this. Best price for it, and best steering wheel button interface.
Amazon.com: Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black): Car Electronics Amazon.com: Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black): Car Electronics

Even though this Sosche Harness is not meant for the Metra steering wheel control interface above, the Sosche harness has all three plugs, and the wiring is there to make the Metra interface work. You just have to splice into the wires, and its the best harness there is for the price that i've found.
Scosche S3FD23B Harness to Connect to 2005-Up Ford to S3-1

And here is the Parking brake bypass/override
Automatic Parking Brake Override Bypass BETTER then PAC TR-7 tr7 NO programming! | eBay
Old 08-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info. If the 8-pin connection is for the amp then I dont have that since that connection since it is not one of the two connections to the radio. But actually all i have in my truck is the aux jack. I dont have the rear dvd inputs or any thing like that. But the control module that you mention, what is that for, is that the steering wheel radio controls? If all i have is the aux jack do I really need to hook the 16-pin connection to the new head unit? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd like to recant some of what I said in my prior post. The install with the parts I listed above is not easy. Some cutting and eliminating of wire is included, as well as moving an unused remote turn on wire pin to be used as an accessory switch wire. The problem with the Scoshe harness is that the steering wheel control unit acts as a central hub for accessory, ground, and other wiring devices. I had to snip wires and resolder some other connections. Other than that, it works excellent.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info. I actuall didn't end up using the 16 pin connection any way since on my truck it only controlled the aux jack. The headunit I bought had one already so I figured why go through the hastle to hook up the factory one. I bought a harness adapter and best buy and sodered the headunit and the adapter wires together and everything worked out great. I didn't have to cut into the factory wiring at all; really a easy install since I didn't have controls on my steering wheel or a fatory amp. Next thing is to install a 4-channel amp and a -channel amp and two subs. Any advise on that would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.