Exterior keypad - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exterior keypad

I just purchased a 2008 F-350 and don't have the code to the keypad. Is there anyway to reprogram it without knowing the current code? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

you need the factory code to program your own. it is marked on the icm, or a dealer should be able to give it to you. prolly have to drive in for that.

once you get it you can prgram your own. the factory code will still be there as well. it never goes away.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for the info. I was worried they wouldn't be able to reset it. I miss not having that keypad working.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM

If you don't want to pay the dealership to hook up their computer to tell you the code, I think they wanted $45 or something stupid to tell me mine. The stock (master) key code is located on a sticker behind the passenger kick pannel. You will need to take the passenger door sill plate out, and then take out the passenger kick pannel. There will be a small black box that is held in by 2 bolts. Take those 2 bolts out, and there will be 3 stickers on the back of that box. It is kinda hard to read, but you will be able to figure it out from there. Then just use you owners manual to set your new code.

Hope this helps, I have some pics from when I did mine if you need them.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The factory code will always be there. No way to change it. You can add your own code.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:43 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by purdy08 Stroker View Post
If you don't want to pay the dealership to hook up their computer to tell you the code, I think they wanted $45 or something stupid to tell me mine. The stock (master) key code is located on a sticker behind the passenger kick pannel. You will need to take the passenger door sill plate out, and then take out the passenger kick pannel. There will be a small black box that is held in by 2 bolts. Take those 2 bolts out, and there will be 3 stickers on the back of that box. It is kinda hard to read, but you will be able to figure it out from there. Then just use you owners manual to set your new code.

Please post pics - this is GREAT information.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by purdy08 Stroker View Post

This is where I found my code as well. They were tiny little numbers though.
Just look for 5 numbers in a row and try them.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Emergency Services

Didn't have to remove anything aside from the kick panel to find mine yesterday. It was under a barcode on a piece of paper attached to one of the wires behind the kick panel.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I found mine as well. Thanks . Now I never bring my keys. By the way. When you shut your door press #7 #9 at the same time and it locks your truck. I don't know that until a buddy told me.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitCTSV View Post
I found mine as well. Thanks . Now I never bring my keys. By the way. When you shut your door press #7 #9 at the same time and it locks your truck. I don't know that until a buddy told me.
It's in the owners manual...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.