2008 oem nav upgrade ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 oem nav upgrade ?

I just installed an oem nav radio on my o
08 kr but the door speakers sound very low. The sub works fine just the mids and highs sound very low. anyone had this happen or anyone have a solution? It had a pioneer double din but was cracked thats why i put the oem on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sounds like your amp connection is being bypassed and you're only getting the power from the head unit. I had that problem on my previous vehicle. Did you have to do any splicing of the wires or was it just plug and play?
Old 06-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticD View Post
Sounds like your amp connection is being bypassed and you're only getting the power from the head unit. I had that problem on my previous vehicle. Did you have to do any splicing of the wires or was it just plug and play?
There was a 1 spliced wire and i connected it back. The nav was in a buddys harley and it was working fine. Where is the amp located o these trucks or how can i fix it
Old 06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ttt Anyone?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to sredmyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtewr01 View Post
Ttt Anyone?
I have quite a bit of experience with these trucks and the audio systems in them...I can probably help out.

From your description it sounds like the previous poster was on the right track. The radios and navigation systems these trucks came with had internal amplifiers. However the navigation systems out of 09 or newer trucks used external amplifiers. They are not a direct plug-n-play match with your truck. If you have one of these newer navs, you will need to get the amlifier and "T" harness that allows it to be connected. There are also a few other parts that would be required but I will wait to go into that until we are sure that is actually the problem.

So to determine what type of navigation you have, can you tell me the part number of the top of the unit. Should have four digits (letters and\or numbers) followed by 18k931. If you can tell me the first four digits I can tell what type of radio it is.

Steve
Old 07-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sredmyer View Post
I have quite a bit of experience with these trucks and the audio systems in them...I can probably help out.

From your description it sounds like the previous poster was on the right track. The radios and navigation systems these trucks came with had internal amplifiers. However the navigation systems out of 09 or newer trucks used external amplifiers. They are not a direct plug-n-play match with your truck. If you have one of these newer navs, you will need to get the amlifier and "T" harness that allows it to be connected. There are also a few other parts that would be required but I will wait to go into that until we are sure that is actually the problem.

So to determine what type of navigation you have, can you tell me the part number of the top of the unit. Should have four digits (letters and\or numbers) followed by 18k931. If you can tell me the first four digits I can tell what type of radio it is.

Steve
bc3t is what the nubers you want to know... also where is the stock amp located on these trucks. i had an alarm removed and was told that the wires from the amp had been cut i just dont know where its located
Old 07-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to sredmyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtewr01 View Post
bc3t is what the nubers you want to know... also where is the stock amp located on these trucks. i had an alarm removed and was told that the wires from the amp had been cut i just dont know where its located
I sent you a PM with my contact info...give me a call and I will explain what you need to do.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.