Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Poly Fill For Stock Sub????

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  TwinTurboStroker 
#1 ·
I use to have a Ford Raptor back when they first came out, got over it pretty quick, and put my happy azz back into Powerstroke, but I still check in to see whats going on Raptor forums from time to time. Anyway came across a guy claiming to "get more" out of his factory sub by stuffing it with poly fill, same stuff you'd find in stuffed animals.......any else try this???

Like this.....

See less See more
#5 ·
It reduces the standing waves inside the box, which effectively reduce the sound profile of the box. The poly is a great addition and it does make the sound "bigger" and more complete.

#8 ·
I always add poly-fill to my boxes. You can get it pretty cheap at wal-mart; they call it pillow stuffing or something to that effect in the craft section. There was a comparo on the12volt.com between the name brand poly-fill and the wal-mart pillow stuffing, and there was no difference between the two.

#9 ·
so, does it make deeper bass? or what? how much do you know to add?

#14 ·
Awesome to know. Love this forum!!!

This is sorta along the same topic...anyone run different stronger subs in this enclosing? Is it even possible?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
There was a definite sound change, but wouldn't be beatin down the block or anything. Not too bad, considering a bag of the stuff is only a couple bucks

#11 ·
Interesting, might have to try that.

#12 ·
My truck sounds like it has two 12's.. I just have one 12" kicker with a kicker box studded with poly fill, got it from crutchfield. Fits great too.

Sent from iPhone

#13 ·
Awesome to know. Love this forum!!!

This is sorta along the same topic...anyone run different stronger subs in this enclosing? Is it even possible?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.