Need help installing siriusxm tuner w/ kenwood ddx719! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need help installing siriusxm tuner w/ kenwood ddx719!

I am trying to install my sirius tunes (sxv100) into my Kenwood DDX719 using the OEM antenna. I don't know how to do this. I don't find a plug anywhere behind the dash that fits the port on the satellite tuner. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If it's what I think it is, try and keep up with the technical terms here, the funny squarish plug coming from the tuner box is what plugs into the back of your head unit and the round antenna plug should plug into the tuner box. Unless the OEM sat antenna isn't round?

***edit***

okay so, from what I've seen the OEM antenna has a weirdo yellow squarish plug on it, not like what you'd find on off the shelf sirius antenna plugs. So you can do the ol' cut'n'splice or use the aftermarket antenna.

Last edited by Fantom; 04-17-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:08 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I believe you would need some sort of adapter to go between the factory antenna and the after market head unit. Otherwise, you will probably have to do as Fantom said, splice or aftermarket antenna.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Im not really finding any sort of adapter on the internet. Anybody out there know which wire is the factory antenna? Or where the factory tuner is located?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 AM

Okay, let me make sure I'm all in here.
Your truck had factory Sirius radio. You added a Kenwood Head Unit and using the SXV100 tuner, you are attempting to add sirius to the Kenwwod and you want to plug the factory satellite antenna into the SXV instead of having the other sat. antenna on top of the truck.
If that is what you are going for, I don;t think that is going to work. Cutting and splicing on a satellite antenna isn't a good idea and the factory 'tuner' is built into the stock head unit itself. Best thing is just use the regular little sat. antenna...
Old 04-19-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_PSD_Erik View Post
Okay, let me make sure I'm all in here.
Your truck had factory Sirius radio. You added a Kenwood Head Unit and using the SXV100 tuner, you are attempting to add sirius to the Kenwwod and you want to plug the factory satellite antenna into the SXV instead of having the other sat. antenna on top of the truck.
If that is what you are going for, I don;t think that is going to work. Cutting and splicing on a satellite antenna isn't a good idea and the factory 'tuner' is built into the stock head unit itself. Best thing is just use the regular little sat. antenna...
That's the conclusion I am coming too... that really sucks. I really don't want to put another antenna on. I would rather go without. Just to make sure I'm not missing something obvious, where is the stock antenna wire at? Does it share the AM/FM wire? Or is it one of the wires in one of the plugs?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronmcclure View Post
That's the conclusion I am coming too... that really sucks. I really don't want to put another antenna on. I would rather go without. Just to make sure I'm not missing something obvious, where is the stock antenna wire at? Does it share the AM/FM wire? Or is it one of the wires in one of the plugs?

It is a separate plug, but I don;t know exactly which plug it is. I hated having to run an extra antenna on my truck but I hate the sirius receiver in the stock Head Unit and my aftermarket Sirius has rewind and pause and all that. I ran my antenna to the very back of the cab
Old 04-20-2012, 05:58 AM

I know on my aftermarket head unit, the XM module was installed under the dash left of the steering column. But in the case of the factory unit, I think the XM/Sirrius satellite is built in to it, so I'm thinking it's in the back of the headunit.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 PM

I found where the stock tuner and antenna plug are. They are under and to the left of the steering column. I found an extension cable on Amazon so I'm hoping I can just plug it into the stock antenna cable and get it to the aftermarket tuner behind the headunit.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM

Cool wasn't sure if they did something similar or if it was integrated into the headunit itself. Hopefully the extension cable works for you. I know on my unit, it's using the factory satellite antenna as it sits on the dash near the windshield. GPS on one side and the sat on the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.