'08 Stock 6 disc "Initializing" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'08 Stock 6 disc "Initializing"

The stock stereo in my truck lights up and says "Initializing" any time I open the door (if the truck is not already running). After several seconds, it says "CD error". The display shows the circles indicating it has discs in it, and you cannot insert or eject cd's Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a way to fix it, or do I have to buy a new stereo? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine started that about a year ago after my batteries gave out. When I went out to start my truck one cold morning my truck turned over one time real slow and then click. After I replaced the batteries Ive had the SAME thing going on. I think it had something to do with low voltage and cranking on my truck, I guess the radio was on and thats what did it.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav700 View Post
Mine started that about a year ago after my batteries gave out. When I went out to start my truck one cold morning my truck turned over one time real slow and then click. After I replaced the batteries Ive had the SAME thing going on. I think it had something to do with low voltage and cranking on my truck, I guess the radio was on and thats what did it.
So, was your stereo toast after that or were you able to fix it?
Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nope...My am/fm and aux works but no cd action.. Mine starts cycling the minute I open the door and says initializing. Then it reads cd error. Ive read all over the net for a fix and nothing that Ive found has fixed mine.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Awesome. Sounds like yours is doing the exact thing mine is. I am not in a hurry to blow money on it since all my music is on an Mp3 player and all the functions besides cd work on the stereo...guess I will have to swap it out somewhere down the road. Other, better improvements first, tuner, exhaust...
Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've had 3 fail the same way....only fix is replacement.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine just started doing this yesterday. Its loaded up with 6 CD's and no way to get them out. Hopefully its not running all the time.Anybody figure out how to eject the CD's?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Bean
mines doin this now also how do i get the cds out my wife is *****ing that i lost her cds
Old 06-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My truck did that when the batteries died. But after new yellow tops I haven't had any troubles with it. I just pulled it out yesterday after and installed nav, sync and all that other crap.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
CDs

When power is disconnected from the truck, the stereo goes into shipping mode and forgets that it has cds in it. Once power is restored the cd player tries to come out of shipping mode and it winds up breaking a little plastic gear. Only way to get cds out it to gently destory the stereo to remove them.
For the price of replacement and dealer programing you would only need to kick out a couple hundred more for a nice in dash dvd player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.