Rigid 30" LED Lightbar Upfitter Switch - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rigid 30" LED Lightbar Upfitter Switch

Just ordered a lightbar from Rigid that I will be mounting on my grillguard. I plan on hooking the light up to my #1 upfitter switch. Has anyone done this?

I have hooked up things to my switches before so I know where the wires are. I am just curious if there is anything special that needs to be done with the lightbar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
just out of curiousity have you taken a look at these: 30" Bone Edition LED Light Bar

also started this thread about them:Introducing Bulldog Lighting!

and yes it can be done... you just have to wire it up to upfitter switch...
Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
Holy eff, those are expensive! What the hell are you doing, landing the mothership?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv13 View Post
Holy eff, those are expensive! What the hell are you doing, landing the mothership?
which ones? the Rigid ones are $999.00
Old 03-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv13 View Post
My job requires me to drive at night on backroads all over the country. The further I can see, the better.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 PM

always wondered about these... anyone have experience with them compared to a set of aux HID driving lights? any night shots of them? My only experience with leds is from the early generation stuff where distance (and in some cases output) was very limited. Im sure they have come along way since then... Just wondering..
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 PM

I have a 20" Vision X Evo Prime double stack in my bumper and it's wired to upfitter 1.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:38 PM

Dude, I have that exact light, 30" E Series from Rigid. I hooked mine up to the #2 switch, but it is rated the same as the #1. All I can say is MOTHER OF PEARL! WAY more light than I was expecting... For me it was a toss up between this light and 3 9" round lights, soooooo glad I went this route. I have never had off-road HIDs, but now there is no need to even consider going there. LEDs are the bomb. I hope to put some on my boat this summer....
Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesdirt View Post
I have never had off-road HIDs, but now there is no need to even consider going there.
This is an interesting thought. HIDs definitely do still have a place. LED lighting has drawbacks. Color temperature, light efficacy/efficiency, and their limited patterns. The bright white light associated with LED lightbars really screws up your depth perception. LED lighting also has a limited range. Even with 40,000 lumens of light on my truck, I can easily overdrive my lights. Granted. they are great for seeing directly in front of my truck. Also, if you're driving in dusty conditions, the light output from LED lights will be reflected. If you're looking for lighting up distances that are far down the road, HIDs will be better for you.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

I got 3 4 in round HID off-road Auxiliaries on my grille-guard and they do light up the road and the distance really well. I got them mainly because they were $105 per light but, after 2 years of use, I haven't had an issue. I do have to agree, that the LEDs do put out a crap load of light in a short distance, my 2 Dually D2s facing backwards do a fine job at getting rid of unwanted tailgaters, and I do honestly think that I could use them to drive down the road because they light it up like its daytime. But they are wicked expensive, but if you can afford it, then I say go for the RIGID ones, I personally think they are the best, but only because thats what I have seen in person. Pics really cant do the lights justice, you have to see them in person.

James.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigGreen06 For This Useful Post:
airbornebohica (04-01-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.