Building a system WITH a CB.. where to run COAX, interference?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Building a system WITH a CB.. where to run COAX, interference??

Hey guys,
Tax return is coming soon and its lookin' pretty decent this year with a new house being added to my return, so.. Lots of upgrades to my 08 CCLB.. 6" lift, rims, tires, turbo-back, Spartan, dynomat, new carpet, sub, amp, and head unit. That being said, I realize that the amp wires have to be run down the door sill opposite everything else for the sake of noise/static/engine rev.. But what about the coax wires for my CB antennas? Anyone runnin a system AND a CB?? Just wondering if it matters where I should run my coax and if it will cause interference with the system. The carpet and seats will be totally removed at the point of install.. dynomating entire floorboard. Should I run them up the center? Any input from anyone on where to run my coax and thank you in advanced!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I would love to pull everything out so i can add deadner and change out my carpet color , maybe when its warmer out , Anyway if you have it planned and all your floor board open , layout all your speaker wires and power wires , then do your cb cables away from the others or possibly run out of cab and in frame rail ? the coax would hold up fine to the elements ,then no worries at all ,IMO, took forever for me to type my response ,i keept looking at your sig
Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 PM

That's funny. I wish I coulda had me a babysitter like that! Yea, I never thought of runnin' them under the truck. I already have them runnin through the cab so I didn't even think of redoin'.. I'll have to check that out, but like you said, its gonna have to wait till spring! As much as I love to play in the snow, I'm ready to get to workin' on it. Thanks for the reply!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Emergency Services

If your CB has been tuned or turned up, power wise. You will probably run into interference with your stereo. If you have a stock CB and get the cable out of the cab and under the truck, you shouldn't have much of a problem. My CB that I ran bleeds through stock stereo's in the cars next to me... I was probably running a bit more power through mine than most will ever think or want to...
Old 02-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I dont mean to get away from the original question, but does sound deadner really make that big of a difference? Im installing two 12's behind my seats and my buddy said I dont even really need it, but I see a few guys on here that have it...
Old 02-05-2012, 06:43 PM
spool up that turbo!!

My CB is threw my firewall to a fender mount then my system wires are ran dead center underneath my carpet straight back no interference at all
Old 02-05-2012, 06:47 PM

I don't have an amp on my CB, just stock power. My only upgrade I've done to it is an external speaker and a differant handset so it sounds like I shouldn't have any problem as long as I run it under the cab. The only reason I wanna dynomat it is because I'm a member of an audio wholesale company and its dirt cheap (comparably). Might as well as long as I'm replacing my carpet. As far as making a differance, I've never been in a truck that has it. As far as the dynomat reviews go, it makes a world of differance. I guess we'll see!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You should use rg8x shielded cable instead of the regular rg58 it is shielded much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
amplifier, coax, subwoofer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.