iphone and sync - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
iphone and sync

i just bought a 09 super duty yesterday, it doesnt have the nav it has the reguler cd player, it has sync tho with the USB and head phone jack, when i plug my iphone 4gs into, it wont allow me to play my music im pretty sure it says something about unavailbe or something, i wanna upgrade to a alpine stereo soon, but the money isnt there right now, any help would be appreciated thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I put a Clarion NX-501 in mine and it works great! The quality of the bluethoot sound when your on the phone is almost perfect. It got the nav and usb cable, rear backup cam ready and pretty much every thing you need. The touch screen works grat even in cold weather. Great buy and it looks great too, fits perfectly in th truck.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddick View Post
i just bought a 09 super duty yesterday, it doesnt have the nav it has the reguler cd player, it has sync tho with the USB and head phone jack, when i plug my iphone 4gs into, it wont allow me to play my music im pretty sure it says something about unavailbe or something, i wanna upgrade to a alpine stereo soon, but the money isnt there right now, any help would be appreciated thanks!
I have the same set up as you in my 09. Did you know you can run your iphone 4gs through bluetooth to play your music wirelessly. This is how I do it in my truck. I paired my phone to SYNC so everytime I get in the truck it automatically connects. I then scroll thru the AUX input until it goes to my phone. Sometimes I have to select my audio source with in the AUX menu to bluetooth. When the phone is paired, you can put your phone down in the cup holder and use the steering wheel controls to control the next song or back song or volume. Another great thing about it is when you get a call, it automatically turns the song off and rings through your sound system. You would then click the phone emblem on the steering wheel controls to answer. When done with the call, hold the phone symbol down and the song will automatically pick back up where you left off at.

When I got the truck I was confused to myself about song playback with the SYNC. Just read the manual over SYNC and it will soon be easy to navigate.

If you have any other questions, let me know and I will try my best to help you out.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoojr View Post
I have the same set up as you in my 09. Did you know you can run your iphone 4gs through bluetooth to play your music wirelessly. This is how I do it in my truck. I paired my phone to SYNC so everytime I get in the truck it automatically connects. I then scroll thru the AUX input until it goes to my phone. Sometimes I have to select my audio source with in the AUX menu to bluetooth. When the phone is paired, you can put your phone down in the cup holder and use the steering wheel controls to control the next song or back song or volume. Another great thing about it is when you get a call, it automatically turns the song off and rings through your sound system. You would then click the phone emblem on the steering wheel controls to answer. When done with the call, hold the phone symbol down and the song will automatically pick back up where you left off at.

When I got the truck I was confused to myself about song playback with the SYNC. Just read the manual over SYNC and it will soon be easy to navigate.

If you have any other questions, let me know and I will try my best to help you out.
oh ya i love the bluetooth steroe i use it in my parents new vehicles, i wasnt sure if my truck had it or not, cause even when my phones connected, there no audio, not when im getting call or playing music. i cant seem to find out how to get the audio to work, it works for everthing else fm/am serious radio, when you a AUX cord, just not with bluetooth
Old 01-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Ok this is how I have to sometimes bring up the bluetooth audio on my truck. I make sure my phone is actually connected and paired with the truck first.

1)Hit the AUX button till it says "SYNC line in"

2)Hit the menu button until it says "Media Menu" on the radio screen

3)Hit OK when "Media Menu" is showing on radio screen, this is a number button below the menu button

4)Scroll through using the SEEK button until you find "SELECT SOURCE"

5)Hit OK

6)Then scroll through using the SEEK button again until you find "BT AUDIO"

7)Hit OK and it should then show what iphone is paired, Mine says "Atwoods iPhone" after I hit BT audio. After it shows which iPhone is paired, it will then automatically start playing songs, at least mine does. Then you can start using steering wheel controls

If this doesnt work for you, let me know.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Ok this is how I have to sometimes bring up the bluetooth audio on my truck. I make sure my phone is actually connected and paired with the truck first.

1)Hit the AUX button till it says "SYNC line in"

2)Hit the menu button until it says "Media Menu" on the radio screen

3)Hit OK when "Media Menu" is showing on radio screen, this is a number button below the menu button

4)Scroll through using the SEEK button until you find "SELECT SOURCE"

5)Hit OK

6)Then scroll through using the SEEK button again until you find "BT AUDIO"

7)Hit OK and it should then show what iphone is paired, Mine says "Atwoods iPhone" after I hit BT audio. After it shows which iPhone is paired, it will then automatically start playing songs, at least mine does. Then you can start using steering wheel controls

If this doesnt work for you, let me know.
thanks man for all your help, i got the bluetooth working, but for my music, is says audio or something unavailable
Old 01-25-2012, 06:56 PM

Im sorry man, dont know what else to do with out seeing it in person. Good luck trying to get it to work. Maybe someone else can chime in with some additional info
Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Im sorry man, dont know what else to do with out seeing it in person. Good luck trying to get it to work. Maybe someone else can chime in with some additional info
thanks man for all your help! just one more question do you know how to put after market sub and amp into factory head unit
Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff350 View Post
I put a Clarion NX-501 in mine and it works great! The quality of the bluethoot sound when your on the phone is almost perfect. It got the nav and usb cable, rear backup cam ready and pretty much every thing you need. The touch screen works grat even in cold weather. Great buy and it looks great too, fits perfectly in th truck.
could you post a picture?, im debating between that or apline bt900
Old 01-26-2012, 05:54 PM

Just look through the forum, actually make a search for aftermarket sub and amp in the 6.4l section. I have seen several different threads that explain how to do it and what equipment works best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.