Adding an Amp to Factory Nav - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Adding an Amp to Factory Nav

I have an 08 F-350 with the nav and audiophile system. I'm keeping the factory head unit but have added a PAC Audio AOEM-FRD24 to convert my speaker level inputs to RCA. I am adding 2 10" JL shallow mounts with a supercrewsound box, but was also cosidering upgrading the door speakers and amping them as well. I know how I am going to install the subs, but what is the best way to tie the speaker amp into the factory speaker wires?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm going through this right now. After getting bad information (a rarity) from Crutchfield, I figured out that the factory Sync/Nav/DVD system DOES have an amp that is under the dash, to the left of the steering column. If you try to get the speaker level outputs from the back of the OEM head unit like I did, they are unamplified and will not be strong enough for a line level converter. I'm installing an Audio Control DQL-8 and after thinking the unit was defective, I called them and talked to their tech guy. He assured me that my problem was from a low level speaker input. He was right on. That said, the best place to tie into the factory wiring is at the amp. It's really tight in there, but with the driver's seat removed, I can lay on my back and get to the wires to patch in the new wires to the line converter, and then the new wires from the amp back to the factory harness so the amplified speaker signal goes through the factory wires to the speakers.

Last edited by thedynoguy; 01-21-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: more info
Old 01-21-2012, 04:30 PM

i just did a jl13 with alpine 1000,i used a audio control lc7 and tied in behind the headunit,i have the nav unit,maybe they changed something for the 2010.works like a champ.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So to add an LC7 am I splicing wires or is it simply moving plugs from factory positions to the lc7, running rca cables to an amp and letting the factory speaker wiring run the amplified signals?

Did you upgrade the door speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.