High idle on upfitter not working 08' 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High idle on upfitter not working 08' 6.4

Hey guys wanted to see if I could get some help I just tried hooking up my high idle on my 08 6.4 to upfitter #4 I connected the yellow/green wire to the brown. I'm 99% sure I'm doing everything correct. The truck is started in park and the ebrake is to the floor. I havent used butt circuits yet because I wanted to make sure it would work first. If anyone could give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay
Ok what are you trying to do? Mine seems to go into high idle after it runs for 30-60 seconds. Then you have to go hit the brakes and it returns to regular idle. Then after 30-60 seconds again it does it it again until you hit the brake pedal. Is this what your trying to do? Because I'm trying to stop it. LOL
Old 12-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Make sure you have the correct brown wire. The one you want is listed in the body builder book as being located above and to the right of the parking brake assembly.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...bb_pdf/349.pdf
Old 12-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Lmao skipnay no it a high idle mod that you use on your upfitter to make the truck high idle when parked...@forddieseldoctor I know it's the brown wire in the bundle next to the upfitter wire I might have the wrong brown but not real sure I'm almost positive I have the right one
Old 12-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Use a test light to see if the brown wire turns to hot when you flip the switch. If not then you more than likely have the wrong one. Otherwise try the violet and green wire for switch #3.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2fish58 View Post
Lmao skipnay no it a high idle mod that you use on your upfitter to make the truck high idle when parked...@forddieseldoctor I know it's the brown wire in the bundle next to the upfitter wire I might have the wrong brown but not real sure I'm almost positive I have the right one
Mine does that for free. LOL It's annoying I usually don't let it idle anywhere because of it. 1200-1500 rpm's isn't cool when people are around. It's dam right annoying when everyone knows these trucks are quiet.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke Techie

All of them will ramp up the idle for a short time when they are cold. But some of us want our trucks to stay at the increased rpms for extended times for excessive battery load such as running a winch or for when it's colder as hell and we want heat.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
All of them will ramp up the idle for a short time when they are cold. But some of us want our trucks to stay at the increased rpms for extended times for excessive battery load such as running a winch or for when it's colder as hell and we want heat.
I started my own thread. I don't want to mess up his thread. I have tried cold, warm, and hot. It doesn't matter it does it constantly an it's a PITA. It will maybe will every once in awhile slow the idle down to 800-1100 rpms but like before as soon as you hit the brake pedal it goes down.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Look in ur owners Manuel it will tell u which wire goes to each up lifter switch

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 PM

Skipnay - run an up fitter switch to your brake light wire at the pedal switch. It will turn your brake lights on when its on but as long its on the truck won't idle up

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
high idle mod, upfitter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.