Microsoft Sync Issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Microsoft Sync Issues

I'm having issues with my Sync system. It doesn't recognize my phone anymore (won't pair/connect via Bluetooth) and the 'voice' button on the steering wheel doesn't work anymore. I press it, and nothing happens. Doesn't even make a sound or que a prompt. My iPod when connected with the USB cable no longer says accessory connected. All other audio controls and the media button on the steering wheel work. The dealership can't look at it for awhile because the electronics tech is backlogged and the whole Christmas/New Years timing isn't helping anything. Anybody have any advice or know anything I can try?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Go to this link, and login, or create an account. You can get updates for sync here. its all done Via a USB flash drive. that may work.

https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte.../Page/HomePage
Old 12-26-2011, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the site. Tried creating an account and it doesn't like my Canadian address. Went to syncmyride.com instead and I see that there is an update but it gives me a form to print off and give to the dealership to show that there's an update available and to get it installed by the dealership. Doesn't give me the option to download it on a USB flash drive and install it on my truck myself.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:10 PM

Turns out the "Aux" button on the radio doesn't work and says no aux devices. Can't even get satellite radio. Truck's going in Monday.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just had the same problem on my 2009 F350. A friend of mine at a Ford dealership told me to pull the fuse for the SYNC system, it was fuse #40 on mine, and leave it out for 5 minutes. He said it may have gone into logic lock and needed to be reset. I did it, and it worked!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Thanks, I'll take a look and try this out. Any reason why Sync would go into logic lock? What is logic lock?
Old 12-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

From my understanding, logic lock is pretty much like when a computer just locks up. Remeber the control-alt-delete to restart your computer, well, that's what pulling that fuse is. I just picked up my '09 a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that pressing the phone button did nothing. Well, after pulling the fuse, which in effect resets the sync system, everything works great. I did a little research online about it, and it seems to be the universal fix for the phone buttons not responding. It's not just on SD's, it seems to happen on all models.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:46 PM

Seen em jam up and not respond a few times now. Also had it happen with the auto HVAC systems.

Simply disconnect the batteries for a couple minutes and reconnect.

Give it a shot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.