Go Recon Big Rig Running Lights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Go Recon Big Rig Running Lights

ok i know that there have been other threads about these before but my question is a little bit different, are they the same color as the recon side marker lenses? i was looking at them on someones truck and they seemed to be almost a little bit lighter but it looked like he had the stock marker lenses (it was a picture on here) so if someone could post a picture of them and how they compare to the lights that would be great thanks. if they match other amber leds then im sure ill be fine as i have the recon marker lenses, anzo headlights and recon tails.

im looking for something to cover up the pinch weld since i have amp steps and it is now exposed. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 02:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to foursixtysix
I think they are brighter because the side markers in the mirrors are tinted dark, same with my dually fender lights. I haven't seen the big rig strips not turned on, so I don't know if they're tinted or not or how theyre even made. I've noticed them looking a little brighter though myself. I'd like to get something to cover my pinch weld too, I have the amp steps and you're right it does make it stick out. but at the same time I don't want two insane bright yellow lines down the bottom of my truck.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Banned

They aren't tinted.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

These aren't ICE either, just the regular ones.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to foursixtysix
Thanks for the info and pictures man
Old 08-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Banned

Thanks

And I've had these for 2 years without any problems. (Well they wern't working for a while but that's cause the genius here put the wires right up against the exhaust manifold )

I should also mention I don't have mine wired up to flash with the turn signals, just for full brightness all the time. I had them wired up like that and I just didn't like them flashing, but they are about half as bright if you wire them that way with the parking lights on.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:08 PM

thanks for the photos, ok so if you were to wire them with the parking lights then they would look tinted or even you could get some tint paint and tint them yourself and have them at full brightness, so does that cover the pinch weld nicely or do you still see it when they are off? could we get a pic of it during the daytime? thanks
Old 08-28-2011, 04:27 PM

i was also looking at some auto molding kind of strip like stuff (like the plastic sheeting that people put on their cars to protect them from rock chips and what not) but it is black, i could put it on the pinch weld since it is solid and it would cover all the holes and what not, id also wrap it around under and behind the pinch so it stayed and was strong. thats just a thought but i thought the recon leds were a little bigger maybe so they would fit and cover the whole thing.

haha maybe ill just have to do both, put the sheeting over the pinch weld and then put the leds on top of it so it looking cleaner or maybe behind..idk lol
Old 08-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED BUBBA View Post
thanks for the photos, ok so if you were to wire them with the parking lights then they would look tinted or even you could get some tint paint and tint them yourself and have them at full brightness, so does that cover the pinch weld nicely or do you still see it when they are off? could we get a pic of it during the daytime? thanks
There are 3 wires coming out of it, ground, parking lights, and turn signal. If you wire it up how their instructions are it will be about 50% as bright as my pics with your parking lights on, and then flash with your turn signals at 100% brightness. I don't know if a 7.3 body is different then the 6.4s either.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:06 PM

thanks, that seems to me like it blocks the pinch weld pretty well. i still dont know if ill hook it up to turn signals but i know if i am going to get them that i would get the ice ones since i like the side lights. do yours come on while your driving tho? so they just are not hooked up to turn thats all?

im pretty sure the bodies are the same so it looks good. but yours is also black so im pretty sure ill get some of that black molding and do that and then put the leds inside or on top of it.

how do you think it would look if you tinted the lenses with some lense tint they use on headlights?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.