CRUISE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question CRUISE

I bought a 2008 F350 4 door with the 6.4 and just under 100thousand miles on her and runs great except, on the way home, 300 miles into the trip the cruise dropped out & would not reset until I turned the key off then on again (no check engine lights) but has not done it again until 10 days later but this time it add a few things. The truck set all day then when I started it all the check engine lights came on & the tack was slowly going up & down & the LCD was going from tire to fuel & all the other warnings & the cruse light would not come on. I turned the truck off then back on & its all good again. There are no hard codes in the computer & ford said to order a new dash What do U think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Serving Our Country!

Sounds like you have electrical issues. Check your connections...do you have a tuner in the OBD2 port(if so reseat it)? Battery voltage(check your terminals) anything obvious unplugged or loose? Have you had a replash to the PCM lately?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The truck is all stock from head light to tail light. There is not a programmer on the truck. The batteries are new but I will check them anyway & will look for any bad connections but the truck is super clean inside & out. I just bought the truck so I cant answer the last question Have you had a replash to the PCM lately?

Thanks I will try to dig into the truck further the next time it happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.