Problem With Stock HU - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 07:53 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problem With Stock HU

So I had a problem today with my Stock HU, its the second time that it has happened first time it lasted for a day this time, it only lasted for 2 hours.
So I was using the Nav listening to my Ipod, when all of a sudden, the radio gives me and error telling me that the equipment is faulty and I need to contact the dealer, and it disconnects my ipod and goes to the default AM station, I'm totally confused. So I tried using the buttons to go to the radio or the map or the Nav and none of them work, I could tap the touch screen, but all I could access is the map or the home screen. So now I'm starting to get pi$$ed, I touch the voice and at least that still worked, it allowed me to get back to my Sirius and I could use the steering wheel controls but that was it. When I tried seeing if Sync or the USB port would work, it said the components were not installed. So I think to myself, shutdown and restart, but of course that didn't work. When I tried putting in another address via voice it accepted it, but said the "Nav system is faulty and may not provide accurate directions". So I drove home like that, tried to pull up codes but none were registering.

So here's the kicker, I stopped at the store, shut the truck off for maybe 30mins. Come back out, start it up, and figure, what the heck I'll give it another try; and to my surprise all the buttons are working again, what the F#$K is going on.

So now I'm thinking is there any aftermarket system that can relate to the stock HU? I love the sync system and the Sirius travel link, I use both systems extensively, and I also like the voice activated systems, although this Gen 1 system isn't that great it does work enough that its appreciated. But this is already my second HU, the first one had some major glitches and shut down completely, this one has gotten slow with the touch screen, and accepting voice commands, and I'm worried its on its way out too. So I don't know what I'm going to do.

James.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to sredmyer
A friend of mine had a system which had similar problem. When he sent it in to United Radio for repair it turned out to be the hard drive was failing.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.